Energy providers

On 06/01/2021 at 14:14, FLATTOP said:

I’m with Bulb they have hiked their electric prices big time gas is reasonable, at the start of me being with them they kept estimating my bill which is a pet hate of mine even though I religiously sent them up to date figures we can all guess a bill can’t we.

Soon when I can be arsed to sit down and study whose best for me Bulb will be know more. 

Changed over to Bulb myself after my brother put me on to them, found them great, but as you say they have hiked their prices up lately so i'm looking to move myself.

SINDASOX

• Like 1

It's  just like car insurance.  Every year they hiķe it up so don't make a target of yourself.  Keep on the move.  We were with Seeboard for ever then they changed to EDF. Prices went through the roof so we jumped and moved to Bristol Electric. No probs to speak to them about. They send an e-mail to read meter.  I submit reading online.  They e-mail me Bill. I pay Bill online. But I'm  not being complacent.   Our deal runs out in a few months so I've already started to look for a better deal.

• 4 months later...
On 06/01/2021 at 14:14, FLATTOP said:

I’m with Bulb they have hiked their electric prices big time gas is reasonable, at the start of me being with them they kept estimating my bill which is a pet hate of mine even though I religiously sent them up to date figures we can all guess a bill can’t we.

Soon when I can be arsed to sit down and study whose best for me Bulb will be know more. 

Looked on BillBuddy for a better deal when they announced their last price hike but dithered on changing.

Had new email now prices are going up again, been on Uswitch and BillBuddy but not much savings to be made now.

SINDASOX

Had EDF for about 10 years, always an "acceptable" bill, they email me for a reading, they send the bill back, we pay online, no stress. 2 bedroom cottage, lights and heating on lots, gas and electric, about £2.50 a day.

Happy with that, no stress ?

Cheers, D.

1 hour ago, SINDASOX said:

Looked on BillBuddy for a better deal when they announced their last price hike but dithered on changing.

Had new email now prices are going up again, been on Uswitch and BillBuddy but not much savings to be made now.

SINDASOX

I changed in the end to Eon I wish I hadn’t bothered everything has been one big f**k up I’ve sent readings they haven’t received them, they haven’t taken the direct debit and constantly send me texts telling me I’ve got to have a smart meter April 22 they will be binned off. 

Eon are the one's that came out at the top of the list when i went on Uswitch.

Their Gas and Electric Kwh prices are more than Bulb's but their standing charge is less.

Bulb are sending me emails all the time about installing a smart meter as well, i just ignore them, so their sending me letters now to sign up for one.

SINDASOX

I signed up to Martin Lewis Moneysavingexpert cheap energy club. Get alerts sent when the deal I’m on expires and/or is no longer competitive. When the time comes I just make a couple of clicks and have switched to a new deal/supplier. Don’t think I’ve spoken to an Indian call centre in years.

CLUBS.MONEYSAVINGEXPERT.COM

Join MoneySavingExpert’s energy comparison site, Cheap Energy Club to...

Btw, I always submit readings on request via website/app. No interest in getting a smart meter installed.

Edited by pesky1972