Sisters first time stalking rabbits with thermal

A very enjoyable night out with my sister stalking rabbits using the bsa ultra air rifle and olight torch. It was my sisters first time out with the thermal spotter (pulsa xm30) and she was shocked how good it was.. First rabbit was a good shot for me, i stalked as close as I could using the thermal. Knelt down and bang. Twenty yards and a nice clean kill.

Second rabbit was an easy 10 yards as it stayed inside the hedge. But lucky to get it as I got into range. My 1st shot missed and then my mag was empty. So i had to reload with 4 pellets. Luckily the rabbit was still hanging around. My sister kept an eye on it whilst I sorted the gun out. My second shot was good enough to put the rabbit down but it wasnt dead.

I have learnt not to rush towards the rabbit after its injured incase they have enough life left to get down the nearest hole. I watched it lay down and I shot again to finish it off.

Couldnt believe the amount of rabbits on this patch of land when I checked with the thermal. Going to want ferreting soon.

We filmed the night so hopefully have enough footage for a video. 

Thanks for reading

IMG-20210106-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210106-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210106-WA0003.jpg

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Andrewreynoldshunting said:

Didnt stop her feet getting cold. Told her to buy some from decathlon with the insulation inside them. 

Yerr, good wellies for the money. I’ve had a pair from there for about three years now and they’re still good. Had loads of wear as well??

2 minutes ago, Andrewreynoldshunting said:

Which ones because I'm also needing a new pair. The ones I have had have lasted a season but they were the cheap ones. 

I think I paid £39 about 3 years ago if that’s any help Andrew. They’re the dark green ones, but when I was in there just before Christmas I was having a look at them and the ones they’ve got in stock similar to mine were brown I think and a bit more money, but the lining seemed better than mine. They also have some higher grade ones as well but I only had a quick glance at them as it was 8 o’clock and the shop was about to close.

• Like 1