49 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

. Bet I couldn't scan with a tablet?)

Sure you can  i have a  cannon wifi printer with built-in scanner its great, just hit scan on my phone or tablet and a image of whatever is in the scanner miraculously appears on my phone or tablet, not a wire in sight lol

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

??? Hang on! I've Got a desktop. (Had a lap top. Don't like them so much) I also have an 'Android' phone I can reach the net on.

But, where do Tablets fit in here? I thought a tablet was just, basically, a whack off big 'phone' thing?

Remember Moses? He had a couple ?

Tablets are basically very large smartphones. They don't have two parts (keyboard and lid) like a laptop. What they do have nowadays is a lot of power, most are equal to a brand new top line desktop from 2-3 years previous but they don't tend to have a lot of memory. So you are probs best getting an Android tablet and link it to a Google cloud account, for pic storage etc ;)

If you're on a desktop. I'd say stick with Windows, unless you can fathom Linux which is far better imo. Windows is pretty much fool proof to use in an everyday scenario.

Any specific probs, give me a shout mate ?

21 minutes ago, kanny said:

Sure you can  i have a  cannon wifi printer with built-in scanner

Boom! Right there, see?! I Haven't got some esoteric and god knows how pricey box of tricks. I have a decade old lump of machinery and a ton and halfs worth of reconditioned DT.

Like my right hand; Old. Worn out. But; If I keep at it with my old junk? It gets me there in the end! ?

Fukk me!!! I did that smiley, just like That! Fukk! This new machine allows me to just bang one up, like everyone else! ? Haaaahh!!! ? I Love it!

13 minutes ago, mushroom said:

If you're on a desktop. I'd say stick with Windows, unless you can fathom Linux which is far better imo. Windows is pretty much fool proof to use in an everyday scenario.

What I found, when I went over to Linux?

1. I had to rely on my guru, to fathom how to get it.

2. I had to have him on call, to save me when I got fukked.

3. He finally handed me over to a Linux forum where, by about my third question, some kunt popped up saying, like; " ? You're Really going to have to learn at least Basic Coding! "

Like; What the fukking fukk?!? I Loved the idea that Bill ('Take The Vaccine!') wasn't involved. I was actually amazed that a Lot of what I was used to was there. Firefox. Yahoo and so forth.

But, one day, I went to open a folder, on my desk top? It wouldn't ? I Needed those photo's. They were my Work!

Finally dug up a work around. But, fukk that. I thought; 'What next? What Then?!' And bailed, to the tune of a ton 'n half for a whole 'new' machine. And here I am.

Great to know you know your shit though. And the invite to call is a god send! Thanks!

4 minutes ago, kanny said:

35 quid from the Palace of dreams.

Great! I've just saved myself £35.00 and the planet!!! :D Greta Thunderberger will be round to give me a straight faced, emotionless blow job! ? (Oh, fukk me, now we'll have BR foaming at the mouth again! ?)

1 minute ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Great! I've just saved myself £35.00 and the planet!!! :D Greta Thunderberger will be round to give me a straight faced, emotionless blow job! ? (Oh, fukk me, now we'll have BR foaming at the mouth again! ?)

Honestly ken I get it ,I don't like change either but if you ever do make the switch then you will be asking yourself why  didn't I do it years ago lol.

As long as you're happy mate thats all that counts ? 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

What I found, when I went over to Linux?

1. I had to rely on my guru, to fathom how to get it.

2. I had to have him on call, to save me when I got fukked.

3. He finally handed me over to a Linux forum where, by about my third question, some kunt popped up saying, like; " ? You're Really going to have to learn at least Basic Coding! "

Like; What the fukking fukk?!? I Loved the idea that Bill ('Take The Vaccine!') wasn't involved. I was actually amazed that a Lot of what I was used to was there. Firefox. Yahoo and so forth.

But, one day, I went to open a folder, on my desk top? It wouldn't ? I Needed those photo's. They were my Work!

Finally dug up a work around. But, fukk that. I thought; 'What next? What Then?!' And bailed, to the tune of a ton 'n half for a whole 'new' machine. And here I am.

Great to know you know your shit though. And the invite to call is a god send! Thanks!

Lmao aye Linux/nerd chaps/chapesses can be a bit like that. Coding is like learning another language. It's just words and symbols for what you want to  say and accomplish. 

If you're interested, there are loads of beginner videos on YouTube for basic coding (in all languages e.g. java, java scrip, python etc and infinitum). A mate of mine started teaching himself 3 years ago, now he's the main programmer for a development team at some big firm. 

Have a look, you never know you might have a talent ;)

Edited to add. Linux is open source unlike Mac and Windows for example. So you can actually see all the code that makes it tick and also play around with it, improve on it and then post your improvements, for others to check on and improve further. You will find lots of recognisable apps and programs in the linux world especially if they are open source on all platforms (windows, Android, Apple etc)

Edited by mushroom