The original rescue club

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well everyone it’s subs time again for the fell and moorland just thought I’d post a few pics of a couple of rescues Iv been on since joining the club. The best tenner these lads have ever spent.anyon

The ticking clock and "Old Father Time" means I'm very unlikely to ever need to call on the services of the F&MWTC these days. But my cheque's in the post and if it helps just one terrier tha

Not everyone agrees with how other people work there dogs, there will be 100s of different situations of how people would do things differently, just because people choose to do things differently. Wh

Posted Images

5 hours ago, justdigit said:

To be honest I wouldn’t really class it as a rescue more a lad had just put his dog in a spot and needed a hand digging. Me and a lad off here have done similar earths in a similar area at similar depths on our own. I think the fell and moorland say a dog has to be in 24hr before they get involved. Think the old boys doing the rocks back in the day wouldn’t class it as stuck if the dog is still working.

To be honest the dog should have never been put in an earth like that ...the lad had only had it a few weeks. . The dog had been passed about few times as few lads ther claimed they owned it at one point... the dog was 12 year old... the kid wasent fit to own a dog...as last time the fell and moorland came and dug his dog out on A live railway..he hadent even put a coller on the dam thing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ziggy said:

To be honest the dog should have never been put in an earth like that ...the lad had only had it a few weeks. . The dog had been passed about few times as few lads ther claimed they owned it at one point... the dog was 12 year old... the kid wasent fit to own a dog...as last time the fell and moorland came and dug his dog out on A live railway..he hadent even put a coller on the dam thing

Making the most of his tenner then. 

• Haha 2
38 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Making the most of his tenner then. 

No he wasent a member .... but us being decent folk we went to help and dug his dog for him... we would not any lad struggle ..we will always try our best to help.... 

• Like 11
8 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I admire the lads that go and help out in these rescues and love the nostalgia of the old terrier clubs etc.

But, and this is only my opinion, some of the places that the rescues happen makes me think, what idiot would risk losing their terrier for the sake of a bolted fox, as lets face it that’s the best outcome from putting dogs into these places.??‍♂️
Also as I’ve gotten older and been at it long enough now, you come to realise that 90%+ terrier lads are in and out of the game continually and couldn’t care less about their terriers, so why should you go help out such idiots who couldn’t care less in the long run about terriers or terrierwork??
Happy New Year lads

1C040110-21C4-4971-BE3D-E123CF3C36ED.jpeg.637237080e80f2fb704b829097a0ab91.jpeg

Rabbit hunter I think me and you you have had this conversation a few times over the years in here, ? Honestly there no more dangerous to a terrier than dog a sand hole on a hole in a ash banking, just for the laugh why don’t you take a drive up here next season and do a day on the rocks With us,  I would say this season but I don’t have anything thats up to scratch On the rocks at the moment. You might go away with a different view on them. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Francie said:

Send me a link an il chip in rat face,yous guys are legends in my eyes,anyman willing to go an dig a dog out at the drop of a hat for the sake of getting the dog out are topman.

Keep her lit?

Thank you francie, I’ll send you a PM ?

22 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I admire the lads that go and help out in these rescues and love the nostalgia of the old terrier clubs etc.

But, and this is only my opinion, some of the places that the rescues happen makes me think, what idiot would risk losing their terrier for the sake of a bolted fox, as lets face it that’s the best outcome from putting dogs into these places.??‍♂️
Also as I’ve gotten older and been at it long enough now, you come to realise that 90%+ terrier lads are in and out of the game continually and couldn’t care less about their terriers, so why should you go help out such idiots who couldn’t care less in the long run about terriers or terrierwork??
Happy New Year lads

1C040110-21C4-4971-BE3D-E123CF3C36ED.jpeg.637237080e80f2fb704b829097a0ab91.jpeg

I believe it’s more for the dogs sake mate I would imagine, > a innocent dog with a idiot owner <  

1 hour ago, Jake w said:

I believe it’s more for the dogs sake mate I would imagine, > a innocent dog with a idiot owner <  

Totally understand that mate, and I agree.

But at the same time, am I willing to go help some idiot and risk bringing it on top for myself? I don’t think so.??‍♂️
I might be being a bit cynical, but met too many idiots with terriers the last few years that I’d much rather stick to the few I know and trust??

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Totally understand that mate, and I agree.

But at the same time, am I willing to go help some idiot and risk bringing it on top for myself? I don’t think so.??‍♂️
I might be being a bit cynical, but met too many idiots with terriers the last few years that I’d much rather stick to the few I know and trust??

Yes mate I agree with your point also mate and understand it I just feel for these terriers that the idiots own mate 

• Like 1

Not everyone agrees with how other people work there dogs, there will be 100s of different situations of how people would do things differently, just because people choose to do things differently. Who am I to judge? If we start saying what’s right or wrong we start sounding as bad as the antis.
Everyone works to different standards and In different ways As long as there terriers are there main concern, end of the day that’s what brings us All together int it the love of our terriers. 

• Like 12