The original rescue club

On 05/01/2021 at 18:56, justdigit said:

Apparently a some lads went to help a kid dig a dog out the other day and 1 of them has started a new terrier rescue club on Facebook and been slagging fell and moorland off. I’ve only heard about it all second hand 

They haven't really slagged the F & M off, just said they had contacted several members who weren't too keen on helping or pointing in the right direction of help. I asked a rep a few years back for a form to sign up several times to no avail.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well everyone it’s subs time again for the fell and moorland just thought I’d post a few pics of a couple of rescues Iv been on since joining the club. The best tenner these lads have ever spent.anyon

The ticking clock and "Old Father Time" means I'm very unlikely to ever need to call on the services of the F&MWTC these days. But my cheque's in the post and if it helps just one terrier tha

Not everyone agrees with how other people work there dogs, there will be 100s of different situations of how people would do things differently, just because people choose to do things differently. Wh

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, jossa said:

They haven't really slagged the F & M off, just said they had contacted several members who weren't too keen on helping or pointing in the right direction of help. I asked a rep a few years back for a form to sign up several times to no avail.

That’s shocking jossa, sorry to hear that buddy, I’d be interested in finding out who it was who wasn’t for passing the right information on, pm me ?

3 hours ago, dytkos said:

Is there a list of areas/area reps, the Cornwall rep has dropped off the radar?

Cheers, D.

Iv had a nice chat recently with the Cornwall rep he’s a really nice lad think he’s had a busy few years but he’s back on his game now! everyone can find there nearest rep buy going to are website, I’ll try putting a link on later 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Kalibrgun said:
10 hours ago, Barrie said:

You'll find a list of all the Area Reps and their contact details on the F&M website at https://www.fellandmoorlandwtceastmids.com/areasandreps.htm

Might be able to get his details that way but I won't pass people's numbers out without their approval 

Understood.... and rightly so mate ?

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, jossa said:

I’d like to know what rep they contacted because I know both reps that are near them and both men would off contacted me. I’ve spent a good few days helping out getting dogs out.ive organised machines and payed for machines and the fell and moorland payed me back. The lad himself has said the fell and moorland has failed us all. And the fell and moorland has let everybody down. He’s wrote this on the internet for everyone to see. He’s been going to tell us for days what rep has been phoned and wasn’t interested but we’ve still not had an answer. If you know who’s been phoned about helping get this dog out please let us know 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, justdigit said:

I’d like to know what rep they contacted because I know both reps that are near them and both men would off contacted me. I’ve spent a good few days helping out getting dogs out.ive organised machines and payed for machines and the fell and moorland payed me back. The lad himself has said the fell and moorland has failed us all. And the fell and moorland has let everybody down. He’s wrote this on the internet for everyone to see. He’s been going to tell us for days what rep has been phoned and wasn’t interested but we’ve still not had an answer. If you know who’s been phoned about helping get this dog out please let us know 

I don't know who was contacted, I'm reading what your reading. Wether it's true or not I do not know. I seen a few lads asking for details of who's been contacted.

To be honest I wouldn’t really class it as a rescue more a lad had just put his dog in a spot and needed a hand digging. Me and a lad off here have done similar earths in a similar area at similar depths on our own. I think the fell and moorland say a dog has to be in 24hr before they get involved. Think the old boys doing the rocks back in the day wouldn’t class it as stuck if the dog is still working.

I admire the lads that go and help out in these rescues and love the nostalgia of the old terrier clubs etc.

But, and this is only my opinion, some of the places that the rescues happen makes me think, what idiot would risk losing their terrier for the sake of a bolted fox, as lets face it that’s the best outcome from putting dogs into these places.??‍♂️
Also as I’ve gotten older and been at it long enough now, you come to realise that 90%+ terrier lads are in and out of the game continually and couldn’t care less about their terriers, so why should you go help out such idiots who couldn’t care less in the long run about terriers or terrierwork??
Happy New Year lads

Edited by Rabbit Hunter
  • Like 8
19 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I admire the lads that go and help out in these rescues and love the nostalgia of the old terrier clubs etc.

But, and this is only my opinion, some of the places that the rescues happen makes me think, what idiot would risk losing their terrier for the sake of a bolted fox, as lets face it that’s the best outcome from putting dogs into these places.??‍♂️
Also as I’ve gotten older and been at it long enough now, you come to realise that 90%+ terrier lads are in and out of the game continually and couldn’t care less about their terriers, so why should you go help out such idiots who couldn’t care less in the long run about terriers or terrierwork??
Happy New Year lads

1C040110-21C4-4971-BE3D-E123CF3C36ED.jpeg.637237080e80f2fb704b829097a0ab91.jpeg

But that’s the only earths some lads have got. Or they had them before shallow and freak chance it goes deep ??‍♂️