recommend me a lightweight pcp

Right where do I start. I'm after a smallish lightweight pcp I can use with one good arm and one that's fcucked with pins in my elbow . Slipped straight on my back lamping on some ice and elbow hit the floor before anything else. So instead of not shooting I will take the plunge for a light small rifle I know there's the smk bullpup jobbys but want something better. Had the chance of a dreamline compact but it has sold now so clueless

Edited by Kalibrgun

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Falcon lighthunter. Old and a bit like rocking horse shit as no one sells them. As light as it gets 

I have a feeder set up in front of caravan. Which is comfortable. But just built this one in another wood last week Bottom pic is view to feeder. Nearly as comfortable as my fox boxes lol

Yeah, must agree with you Phil but KG asks for a small, light, pcp and those none regulated Super 6 rifles with a 180 bar fill are unreal for the sweet 28 shots they give, absolutely on the mark.

Posted Images

Two that spring to mind are both around 2.5kg without scope are the FX Wildcat and Weihrauch HW110k. Both are spot on in terms of accuracy and superb for hunting in either .177 and .22.  I have had both guns in both calibres and must say that the balance and feel, the Wildcat wins but a VERY small margin, the HW110k has a better stock in terms of the bulk of the weight is set to the rear keeping the gun firmly on point of aim. I know some will disagree but I didn't like the 8 shot magazine in the Wildcat and actually had them spit out of the gun whilst cocking................................really pissed me off and each time into cow slurry ?

In summary, you will not be disappointed with either and if you buy new, the Wildcat Mk3 has the new magazine along with a few more improvements which would put it as my top runner albeit at a much higher price.  Look into the scopes with weight in mind and the ones that I have used are the MTC Mamba Lite and the Hawke Airmax 30 Compact which in my opinion is way better and is the one on my 110k at the moment.  Hope that is of some help.

Phil

The " lightest" easy handling pcp for me was a mates Brocock super 6 elite, skeleton stock.

Charged to 180 bar only she gave 28 perfect shots and hell was that rifle accurate/ hard hitting, weighed about 3 1/2 lbs unscoped.

Don't forget the well tried BSA Ultra SE, heavier than the super 6 but excellent also.

The HW 100 in any format would be my preferred choice KG but I`m not carrying an elbow/ arm injury .

Good luck KG, mend well buddy :good:

Mark.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mark williams said:

The " lightest" easy handling pcp for me was a mates Brocock super 6 elite, skeleton stock.

Charged to 180 bar only she gave 28 perfect shots and hell was that rifle accurate/ hard hitting.

Don't forget the BSA Ultra SE, heavier than the super 6 but excellent.

Good luck KG, mend well buddy :good:

Mark.

I bought a Brocock Contour which I think is the same as the one above and I agree Mark, really sweet but soon runs out of steam more is the pity.

Phil

28 minutes ago, philpot said:

I bought a Brocock Contour which I think is the same as the one above and I agree Mark, really sweet but soon runs out of steam more is the pity.

Phil

Yeah, must agree with you Phil but KG asks for a small, light, pcp and those none regulated Super 6 rifles with a 180 bar fill are unreal for the sweet 28 shots they give, absolutely on the mark.

To be fair, I have never needed more than say 20 shots on a normal hunt, unless I`m decoying wood pigeons,( for me), then the spring piston rifles kick in.

If my memory serves KG :hmm:check out Vermin Hunters TV, I`m almost certain they did a full review on the Brocok Super 6 Elite buddy.- yep its there, just checked :good:.

Good luck with your choices KG. 

• Like 3

That's what I've got at the min and been putting plenty away with it but not even trying to use her and risk dropping or banging it if my arm gives way hard enough clenching a fist at the min and struggle to lift a pot of tea. I've been looking and the super 6 may be in the running. What are the 410tdr like ? 

IMG_20210104_223435.jpg

IMG_20210104_223457.jpg

57 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

Falcon lighthunter. Old and a bit like rocking horse shit as no one sells them. As light as it gets 20191028_115456.jpg.73318bb37c476ab3aea3675def96b85e.jpg

Nice bag there Bumpy .Soon to join the squig bashers  association myself .Got a feeder out with on board cam ,overhead rain cover and lead vaccines soon as they show up ,mint .

17 hours ago, mark williams said:

To be fair, I have never needed more than say 20 shots on a normal hunt, unless I`m decoying wood pigeons,( for me), then the spring piston rifles kick in.

If my memory serves KG :hmm:check out Vermin Hunters TV, I`m almost certain they did a full review on the Brocok Super 6 Elite buddy.- yep its there, just checked :good:.

Good luck with your choices KG. 

Yerr, I’ve got one of these contours, it’s like a pistol with a shoulder stock. Light as anything, and accurate. Magazine is a bit fussy though, but otherwise a good little carbine. I like the falcon light hunter and Titan mpt as well. All worth a look if you want a lightweight gun.

36ECBCD5-C6E1-4123-9A6A-14ED80B4EC47.jpeg

Edited by Dervburner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Yerr, I’ve got one of these contours, it’s like a pistol with a shoulder stock. Light as anything, and accurate. Magazine is a bit fussy though, but otherwise a good little carbine. I like the falcon light hunter and Titan mpt as well. All worth a look if you want a lightweight gun.

36ECBCD5-C6E1-4123-9A6A-14ED80B4EC47.jpeg

That looks just the ticket what sort of money would I get one at ?