Still out of work but.....

....I have two interviews to attend tomorrow ?.

The day started glum. Listening to folk going work this morning was a bit depressing but I couldn't stop in bed so hit the ground before light. Bitter cold I checked my suspended vixen from the other day and there was new tracks all around so I set the camera up by her.

Next I went walking. Not much happening but thought I would check a spiney of oaks for an old cock bird that gets in there but keeps dodging me. As I got there with little hope a buzzard flew in low and just out of sight of me and in the same out of sight place ole cocky started cocking away!  Stalk on!

The first shot was 70 or so yards but the cci subbie just dazed ole cocky by grazing his head. Momentarily confused he eventually turned side on again and the second bullet connected.

I make it sound simple but it took some sneaking. This bird was very very smart and has outwitted me for a few years.  I had to move very carefully. So now he is mine and destined for my belly. 

IMG_20210104_095825.jpg.b7a6132dacfaac822a2ff4785cb1cf35.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Yes good luck with the interviews. I have been lucky all my life with employment never actually being without it. It must be both frustrating and concerning when unemployment happens.

I am sure one or both will offer you a job. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, David.evans said:

I’ll say one thing sausage if you can stalk to that distance to get the photo it’s no wonder you get fox’s ay 50 yards , I could do with a leason in that art ??

nice photo 

I think he was on to me a couple of times ☺

• Like 1
3 hours ago, David.evans said:

I’ll say one thing sausage if you can stalk to that distance to get the photo it’s no wonder you get fox’s ay 50 yards , I could do with a leason in that art ??

nice photo 

Yeah but pheasants can't detect that lingering scent of meatloaf!!

• Haha 2