Chicken heads and feet

I've got a young springer pup about 3 months old on raw food, seems to handle chicken wings easily. Got a load of meat birds to process in a month so will have all the heads and feet are these any good and do they need any prep like chopping or beaks/claws removed? 

many thanks

3 hours ago, ellir0305 said:

I've got a young springer pup about 3 months old on raw food, seems to handle chicken wings easily. Got a load of meat birds to process in a month so will have all the heads and feet are these any good and do they need any prep like chopping or beaks/claws removed? 

many thanks

I would save them if you have the room to store them, but as Socks said there is no significant protein. There will be loads of other nutrients, fats, minerals like calcium and it will keep the pup occupied with a bit of a chew. Heads especially.  I feed my dogs lots of Trout heads, usually about once a week, mainly to dispose of them and they have a fair bit going on regarding nutrients.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have given chicken feet in the past when in the mountains, as a little treat. Tbh, I'd rather give him trotters, theres more to them for the weight and the dickhead defo prefers them lol

Give him his feed and after, a trotter to settle down with. Peaceful night ;)

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/02/2021 at 11:52, sandymere said:
KIPANDTWIGGYS.COM

Chicken feet for dogs are becoming increasingly popular as owners are seeking out natural, healthy treats for their dogs. In fact, they’re not only popular for dogs...

According to this report, they are higher in protein than lean beef.