• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most Americans start their terriers in an artificial scenario which I have never agreed with regardless of age.Pet rats,caged coons ,wooden boxes with a possum.As my father used to say "It's like putt

Does killing rats even make any difference as to how easily a terrier will or wont enter to real quarry?I dont think so.Ive seen terriers that have killed loads of rats and ragged loads of carcasses a

If they're any good you shouldn't have to

1 hour ago, timmy k said:

The age of the pups is of no consequence to me. It's the half grown obviously tame rats that's the problem. 

It’s both for me mate .If you can’t enter a youngster naturally you are pond life imo .

• Like 4

Most Americans start their terriers in an artificial scenario which I have never agreed with regardless of age.Pet rats,caged coons ,wooden boxes with a possum.As my father used to say "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Pointless

I started a pup yesterday.Roughly  15 months old.He had seen nothing.I took him to a beaver set that I knew would provide an easy quick bolt.The little dog entered.Beaver immediately bolted and the pup came home feeling like king of the world.  

Most Americans say that I do it wrong.I say most Americans do it wrong.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
59 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

It’s both for me mate .If you can’t enter a youngster naturally you are pond life imo .

Agreed but if they feel their pups are ready before their teeth have set that's up to them. Not what I'd do but their not mine. I do wonder if they would allow pups that young to go after wild rats, no finer way to ruin a young pup