Information from the land, tracks in the snow.

Well lads with all this snow I thought I`d get out and check the new permission for hot spots,- where are the warrens ?

As I previously mentioned, I know there are rabbits as all the signs are there.

IMG_1493.JPG.6ff53bd93364f4f09e35505dc7e94f56.JPG

What I need to find is large concentration of rabbit tracks.

This is a long stretch of railway embankments with a good 80ft drop down to the track with bramble all the way along so I`m blind to where the warrens are on my side of the steel fence but not now that the snow has fallen.

IMG_1505.JPG.8e58f78abba08fc19a79f8e7477e42c1.JPG

So I walked the entire length of this line to find both the give away footprints and most advantaged positions for me to take up to shoot, here's the give away and most concentrated areas, also tells me the size of the rabbits just now as there are plenty of young in the mix.

IMG_1500.JPG.1813026e131ff5a8b6fa84bca8e2f7fa.JPG

Basic field craft but now I know exactly where the concentrated spots ( warrens ) are.

I also got to find out where the pheasants are entering the land regularly by foot through that fence  :hmm:

IMG_1503.JPG.26c5195a573f247475093444478f413b.JPG

ATB lads,

Mark.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Any big cat tracks mate ?

Hi Foxdroppings,

No buddy, not that I noticed but I did find hoof tracks.

I followed them in that cold mist and managed to get a hurried snap shot.

IMG_0313.JPG.49a2ab46bb5257354639dc7e57d1ebd0.JPG  

I`m not sure if these or your big putty tats are on the GL`s though ?  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, mark williams said:

Hi Foxdroppings,

No buddy, not that I noticed but I did find hoof tracks.

I followed them in that cold mist and managed to get a hurried snap shot.

IMG_0313.JPG.49a2ab46bb5257354639dc7e57d1ebd0.JPG  

I`m not sure if these or your big putty tats are on the GL`s though ?  

Foxdroppings ?????

• Haha 3
On 02/01/2021 at 10:57, mark williams said:

:boredom: There`s always one .

He is right mind Mark 

Just like the farmer who says there are loads of rabbits here only for u to find out there ain't 

Just two or three mate 

Atvd Jimmy ???

• Like 2

I understand your thoughts lads but the length of that steel fence, at a guess, would be about 1 mile plus.

I was looking for the highest concentrations of tracks and to be fair, I`ve found them now and should help me considerably :good:, they most certainly were`nt in two`s and threes, the main warrens I found were literally snow free with the amount of foot traffic.

atb  Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering... all this field craft and that... what’s the poo taste like? We all know you’ve had a little nibble ??

? 

To be honest, I would say it’s a busy little field that. Spring/summer time I’m sure we’ll all find out mate ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1