Old fishing gear...

34 minutes ago, WILF said:

Closed face reels are tidy there mate 

The 125 has packed up mate, used it on the tidal for years and there is some salt water in there so won't last forever..

This is what I use now, back to Abu..

20210101_192742.jpg.1e6d410d7bd6bda2f587fa32527c298b.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After our yap on the other thread, I've been starting the sort out of gear today... Some little treasures amongst it all.. Unused in the box Mitchell Match  Loads of Mitchell reel

A couple of my old reels!   Mitchell 300 and a Mitchel Prince boys reel..     Some more Mitchell's, A couple of Match reels (440a), One I bought new , T'uther from the bootsal

I've got two Mitchell Match reels, both blue and in very good nick. They get an outing every now and then. Also got a Mitchell Half-Bail, the type Richard Walker used to catch the record carp, and a 1

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

The old conger winch!! Lol

Another Mitchell classic..

20210101_192425.jpg.958a6c990ea27a5b497dead2d0e32d8a.jpg

624 excellent reel I even bought a plastic spool for casting. But they were the best reel over a wreck they had the right speed for the old Red Gill. Lloyd Saunders who was the skipper of the Saltwind swore by them. We also used to use that reel for Congering from shore.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Arry said:

624 excellent reel I even bought a plastic spool for casting. But they were the best reel over a wreck they had the right speed for the old Red Gill. Lloyd Saunders who was the skipper of the Saltwind swore by them. We also used to use that reel for Congering from shore.

Cheers Arry

Funny, I opened a box must of been 100 Redgills in there and tons of jelly worms....don't get used wrecking anymore but the amount of pollack we had on them was mad...black or orange ..lol

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Funny enough bud found this in old fishing bag other day  .but boxed puts extra dollars on the value but I bet it’s of more value to keep 

8D57ECA0-6C92-44BA-9125-8E98F8A66834.jpeg

Go on eBay.com and boxed reels go for around 100USD

used reels are still worth buying at 20-40 dollars 

Loads of parts available too

1 hour ago, sid g said:

did house clearance for a few year it was like christmas every job had some good old finds .. 

Would love a job like that sid to be honest I think I would spend more time rooting and admiring than bining stuff declutterring the garage is the first job she's given me in years I'm actually looking forward to ?