Old fishing gear...

After our yap on the other thread, I've been starting the sort out of gear today...

Some little treasures amongst it all..

Unused in the box Mitchell Match 

20210101_162909.jpg.aee8fdf559a8a937a1ad07c28c2d2a38.jpg

Loads of Mitchell reels..

20210101_163016.jpg.16074bf4dca02fef33dfdb7385e5d6de.jpg

20210101_162943.jpg.e5c8688c7b1957392e087ded6e13cd32.jpg

20210101_163016.jpg.fd380a4416907918e6571fa7cae6c1f8.jpg

used Mitchell match

20210101_162915.jpg.47c9d5021272f28f3c114be55bdee384.jpg

20210101_162929.jpg

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 10

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After our yap on the other thread, I've been starting the sort out of gear today... Some little treasures amongst it all.. Unused in the box Mitchell Match  Loads of Mitchell reel

A couple of my old reels!   Mitchell 300 and a Mitchel Prince boys reel..     Some more Mitchell's, A couple of Match reels (440a), One I bought new , T'uther from the bootsal

I've got two Mitchell Match reels, both blue and in very good nick. They get an outing every now and then. Also got a Mitchell Half-Bail, the type Richard Walker used to catch the record carp, and a 1

Posted Images

Bloody hell there amazing. lot of people still love them old Mitchells tells Kev. I had one of them 484's mate bloody great screw ferrel good old rods in there day. great for Conger fishing.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Arry said:

Bloody hell there amazing. lot of people still love them old Mitchells tells Kev. I had one of them 484's mate bloody great screw ferrel good old rods in there day. great for Conger fishing.

Cheers Arry

Thats the one mate, ill take a pic of it properly tomorrow, its got the metal screw reel seat and the big rubber hand grip on it...

We caught a few conger on it on the trip 30 years ago, couple of half tidy ones off Fenit pier...winched right up thd side!! Lol

Its certainly not one for fishing at range for small bits..lol

6 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

That Mitchell 387 is an old beach reel, I dont think I ever used it, but was a good thing in its day...I think my early beach reeks were Silstar... I'm not finished yet...see what other shit is here.. lol

Just now, Blackmag said:

I have to declutter the garage soon God knows what's at the back I can see a few wicker baskets and tilly lamps but I know there's allsorts in the cupboards from years ago I will get some pictures up 

I've spent as much time looking at old shit than I have clearing...lol...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

That Mitchell 387 is an old beach reel, I dont think I ever used it, but was a good thing in its day...I think my early beach reeks were Silstar... I'm not finished yet...see what other shit is here.. lol

I had the 387 on the 484 mate bought it because you could change it to right hand wind. There weren't many reels that where right handed then.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

That will be me and then finding a reason to keep it ?

I can't throw anything mate...too many memories...

There are a few rods and stuff which I'll never use and have no meaning that will go... I gave a couple of seat boxes and some bits and pieces to a couple of mates kids who seem to be keen..

• Like 1