Replacement bushers and bunny catchers

toolebox

On 01/01/2021 at 21:16, Aussie Whip said:

Looks a nice litter toolebox, what breeds are in your dogs? Is the brindle from whippet blood?

Yes its from the whippet as the Dams sire was a first cross whippet .I have so many damn dogs (32 ATM)so we could be here a very long time lol Ive just mated my wire haired Pointer/ beardy x greyhound dog to my whippet x pointer/visla  bitch where I'm hoping to get a better coat like the dog has ,yet keep half running dog (1/4 greyhound ,1/4 whippet ) so the pups have the required speed .We run some  foxys most by the one dog who has thrown some great dogs  ,so here goes the list ,hope I get it right ESS(3), Beagle x foxy(6) ,wirehaired pointer cross(2) ,whippet x greyhound(2) ,whippet (2),foxy /whippet mix(2) ,fox Terrier x whippet (1),ESS x foxy(3) ,visla x lab(1) ,whippet x Collie/lab (1),foxy(2)ESSXJR(1)whippet x pointer(1)pointer/ visla whippet mix (2).In some of those listed I have 4 dogs/bitches who came out of the one bitch but by different sires .There I think I have them all ........mmmm 29 hell Ive missed some ....ha ha ha 

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, toolebox said:

)so we could be here a very long time lo

I could talk dogs 24/7, I usually bore people to death with it , lol. You have some interesting types, all sound the goods and a great lifestyle hunting with them. Best of all no snakes, sounds like rabbiting heaven over your way.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2021 at 17:22, Aussie Whip said:

I could talk dogs 24/7, I usually bore people to death with it , lol. You have some interesting types, all sound the goods and a great lifestyle hunting with them. Best of all no snakes, sounds like rabbiting heaven over your way.

Its the interesting part ,its a huge extra not having to find time to work or train the dogs ,its all part of the job ,out in the fresh air where there is always something to see or watch. Time doesn't matter ,I roll out when I feel like it & roll back in much like the wind ,nobody raggin my ass ,I'm in charge of all the workers, no holiday pay or sick leave ,no I can't make it in today ,every day the workers are happy to see and spend time with me .Perhaps more valuable than any of this is ,you get in tune with dogs ,get to know each one inside out know their weak and strong points & be excepting of that. The last 25 years  has been very kind to me ,my hobbie became my job & I've never worked  a day since .

• Like 6
54 minutes ago, toolebox said:

Its the interesting part ,its a huge extra not having to find time to work or train the dogs ,its all part of the job ,out in the fresh air where there is always something to see or watch. Time doesn't matter ,I roll out when I feel like it & roll back in much like the wind ,nobody raggin my ass ,I'm in charge of all the workers, no holiday pay or sick leave ,no I can't make it in today ,every day the workers are happy to see and spend time with me .Perhaps more valuable than any of this is ,you get in tune with dogs ,get to know each one inside out know their weak and strong points & be excepting of that. The last 25 years  has been very kind to me ,my hobbie became my job & I've never worked  a day since .

Yeah It would be a pleasure to get up every day to work. I must say I'm a little jealous but glad to see rabbit dogs still being worked on this scale, like over here in Oz years ago the old rabbiters ordered dogs 100 at a time, I wish I'd been born back then. I was doing what you do on a much smaller scale but moved to the coast recently to please the mrs  ?,fck the beach, I'm heading back out bush.

All we can hope for is to be happy and the choice how we spend our time from birth to the day we die ,I like to do what I do but its never going to make me rich and its not for everybody however it never gets old ,Im as keen as I was 25 years ago ,that and fishing are at the top of my list .I hope you can make it back to the bush ,being in the right place at the right time helps but sometimes we have to except that ATM it doesn't work and bide our time,lifes much like that .

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 1
On 20/01/2021 at 05:34, toolebox said:

All we can hope for is to be happy and the choice how we spend our time from birth to the day we die ,I like to do what I do but its never going to make me rich and its not for everybody however it never gets old ,Im as keen as I was 25 years ago ,that and fishing are at the top of my list .I hope you can make it back to the bush ,being in the right place at the right time helps but sometimes we have to except that ATM it doesn't work and bide our time,lifes much like that .

Seems like you're living the dream Toolebox. My dream anyway. We all make our own choices but some make better choices than others ?

Any photographs of the Fox Terrier type in your breeding?