for those into rave

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whats she doing thats so special?pushuing autocue buttons and twisting a few buttons for effect.Seamlessly cueing up and mixing vinyl is a skill but what these modern DJ birds are doing aint anything

Not a patch on Garyoke from our village. 

Have to say i sort of remember his kids being kids and that sort of surprised me as well,but saying that i just got the news this last week i'm going to be a grandad so that time thingy does fly by at

Posted Images

13 hours ago, downsouth said:

You saying about guys who aint big names.Ive got a pal who started DJing in the 80s who was part of a group that included Colin Dale,Colin Favour,Eddie Richards etc.Around 1990 he came down to kent from Croydon to play at one of our parties and ended up getting a bird up the spout.Whilst the others went on to be well known professional Djs he stayed down her and became a painter and decorator and just Djd and and produced stuff as a hobby..Ive seen him so many times outplay big name DJ's and take parties that are pretty dead and within 3 or 4 tracks have everyone up having it with people dancing on tables.He has such a skill at reading a crowd and knowing what they want.Ive even seen a very well known DJ  not want to go on after him.

That's some names from the past that've jogged the memory! I had a mate like your pal, he could always get a crowd going, let's just say he enjoyed the more social aspects of the scene! He started off in pubs clubs etc with the old double deck setup and talking over the records, I can remember him saying to me "I was a Dj when it meant you were a bit of a prick" He can';t half mix though.

On 17/01/2021 at 21:01, Gypsydog94 said:

Documentary on Netflix. Called what we started. Old DJs slagging off modern DJs saying how can they be mixing with there hands on the air for 3 quarters of there set ?

Exactly what I was saying at the start of this thread.We sat on a balcony looking down watching that Deborah De Luca play a few years back and shed be busy dancing as a new track was coming in then a few minutes later shed be pushing buttons and twisting knobs and nothing would be happening and she wore her headphones round her neck for the whole set.Anyone who knew anything could see it was pre recorded.Luckily for her the whole crowd were too busy pouting into their phones to notice.

11 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Tune was big in the acid days pre 91.My pal still plays it from time to time now if the crowd is right.Over 50s???

Haha I'm going to listen to a few of these funky house later downsouth,while smoking a big ice cream cake joint lol

See if it chills me,but I like bass when smoking so well see haha keep em coming downsouth