FREE AT LAST !

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Naive........Hmmm.

Is it naive to be free to regain sovereignty?

Is it Naive to be free to make our own trade deals ?

Is it naive to be free to make our own laws ?

Is it naive to be free to spend the billions ourselves, that we gave to the EU ?

Is it naive to be free from the ECJ making our laws and over ruling our courts ?

Is it naive to be free to control our own waters and fisheries ?

Is it Naive to be free to deploy our own armed forces and not for them to be part of the "European Army" ?

Is it naive to be free to make our own immigration policies, and not have them imposed on us ?

As Claire Fox said yesterday when answering the LibDem woman on Sky News ; " it's about sovereignty, being an independent, sovereign country FREE to make our OWN decisions.".

Cheers.

mate i hope it all works out....i voted to leave the EU...but the older i get the less i trust our leaders....lets just see what happens

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty we're free at last " ! Bye Bye EU ??? Cheers.

Somebody needs to find out where that ballbag lives and go shouting “we’re out, now fcuk the eu, and fcuk you too” every night for years

To the negative posts questioning our freedom.....perhaps you would like to take a short holiday in North Korea?  Brexit was never going to be a massive change. It was just the first step. Brexit

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The point is, Wilf, WE are now making our immigration policy, not the EU.

If we make a pigs ear of it, that's OUR fault.

And , as you keep reminding us, if we don't like it, we can make it known with our votes........something we couldn't do when the EU was making our immigration policy.

Of course it won't be perfect, but as I keep stressing, it's about sovereignty, us choosing our own destiny.

Cheers.

That was certainly why I voted to leave mate...

I didn't for 1 minute think every issue we have would be resolved the day we leave...but at least the power is now in our hands, that silent majority that has come out a few times over the last few years could have a big bearing on the future of our country...

We must remember all of us want slightly different things to thd next man, there is not 1 policy that suits all...but the British will now have the say.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

And , as you keep reminding us, if we don't like it, we can make it known with our votes........something we couldn't do when the EU was making our immigration policy.

Of course it won't be perfect, but as I keep stressing, it's about sovereignty, us choosing our own destiny.

Cheers.

If we make a pigs ear of it, that's OUR fault.......

is it though......if we make a pigs ear of it....its them that run the gaff , whos fault it is....and lets face it though most likely will make a pigs ear of it

Edited by TOMO
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Absolutely agree mate, we can now change things so let’s hope a party emerges or even a group of independents and that the electorate has the courage to change things.

My point was really that the currents mob from all sides of the house are exactly what we have had for 70 years and they got us happily into this state.....there is no reason to place any trust in them now so let’s all just keep our eyes open ?

• Like 1
Just now, TOMO said:

mate i hope it all works out....i voted to leave the EU...but the older i get the less i trust our leaders....lets just see what happens

I agree with you !

I have no trust in politicians, after all, the vast majority of them didn't want Brexit, and did everything in their power to reverse it when we DID vote for it !

But we won the vote, and against the odds, it has finally been completed.

We showed that the people CAN change things !

It just saddens me that the die hard remainers are STILL plotting against Brexit !

Cheers.

• Like 6

I for one am bloody pleased to be out, I think boris and crew have done a decent enough job because farage hasn’t yet been complaining about it as far has I am aware.

Let’s see what sort of job the government can do about COVID now there’s one less thing to worry about with brexit.

• Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, TOMO said:

If we make a pigs ear of it, that's OUR fault.......

is it though......if we make a pigs ear of it....its them that run the gaff , whos fault it is....and lets face it though most likely will make a pigs ear of it

I'm using "our" as in "our government and lawmakers", as against "them", the EU.

It wasn't democratic for the ECJ to make laws for "us", without "us" having a say.

Now we DO have a say, like we had in the referendum and the last General Election, when many, many people held their noses and voted Tory to get Brexit Done and to keep out the communist tramp.

So, yes, that proved our votes DO count, and I've a feeling that the politicians, might, just might, take a bit of notice ,

but I won't hold my breath! ? !

And a belated happy new year to you and the family ?

Cheers.

• Like 3

Brexit is 1 win that didn't come easy - there was way too much f***ing about for too long after we should have been gone.

............... it's not a done deal now either - the Gina Millars, Tony Blairs, Jean Claude Drunkers, University faggotts and self entitleds of this world are going to keep trying to undermine the direction that most of th UK voted for at every step.

Now that the EU and ECJ have been told to f**k off, other changes can be made.

............ the pressure must be kept on though - that's where we need more right wing politics. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As was posted earlier; this isn't the end of it. I was going  to say that the EU will start to test the UK by putting obstructions in their way. To try and make things uncomfortable for the UK, but it appears that Boris has got in first and banned the Dutch pulse fishing vessels. This is going to be the start of niggling disputes.

Basically the EU will do anything to get the UK back on the payroll. Getting a no tariffs deal was a big thing for EU industries. With a WTO deal they would be put at a big disadvantage as the EU's protectionism has kept non-EU goods at higher prices for years giving the EU industries licence to charge more and 80% of the tariffs end up in the EU coffers.

Now, with a no tariff deal they still face increased competition in UK markets because the UK doesn't have to apply tariffs on Japanese and Korean vehicles and goods. That potentially makes Japanese and Korean cars and electrical goods 10% cheaper than yesterday. Remember when Currys was full of Hitachi, Sony and Panasonic stuff? Under EU rule Indesit, Phillips and Bosch were protected by import tariffs so became the norm' in the UK. Companies like Samsung will eat into the German, Dutch and Italian  markets on electricals. Toyota and Mitsubishi will be more competitive in the car market. Israeli, Turkish and Nth African fruit and veg' will no longer be priced out of the food market. All this will impact on the EU's companies that historically sold to the UK.

So, the EU will fight dirty and try to undermine the UK. They face many problems as it is with the budget arguments and France and Germany facing crucial elections that could lead to referendums on continued EU membership.

It isn't over yet. And immigration was never the reason for Brexit. They made that up to give the Remoaners something to feel superior about. It s part of the problem that being in the EU entailed and it will give the UK Government sole responsibility for who the lawfully accept. But it will never stop illegals coming over in lorries and dinghies. And it won't lead to mass deportations simply because in the majority of cases the country of origin is unknown. But if the tit-for-tat disputes with the EU give Boris the chance to opt out of the ECHR that will make some deportations quicker and lead to more appeal cases being filed from the home country instead of dragging on with the claimants still in the UK.

Just remember that this type of illegal immigration was the brainchild of Bliar and Meddlesome 20 years ago. They created the problem with no way of stopping it.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, WILF said:

I have to say, I’m with Max and Tomo here.....you can’t trust these dirty b*****ds.

Have a look at some of the detail on that points based immigration system, if anything it opens things up more to all the wrong kind of people.

Just don’t get too excited yet lads, wait and make your judgements at the next GE ;) 

Wilf, are you familiar with Mossy Bottom ?

stupid post.not really.what does it cost per immigrant per year ?.multiply that by 8k and see what you get.how much of the tax that we pay each year goes towards this ?.soon the tax burden will have to increase to pay for the extra mouths that need to be fed.so does everyone want to pay more tax for illeagals ?.do not feel very free knowing i will have to work even longer to pay for these economic migrants.or am i just being stupid working for a living then when i get a pension it will be a lot less than what an immigrant will get.

• Like 1

I have always thought that membership of the EU was less beneficial to the UK that to other countries. My reasons may be dismissed as naive or irrelevant in the 21st century and probably no doubt xenophobic to those who disagree. Basically we are unique as an European country that was an EU member. It cannot be disputed that we are an island. The R.O.I position being complicated by N.I. and Iceland is officially a non-EU state. 

One of the fundamentals of EU foundation was to prevent future wars in Europe in the aftermath of WW2. I can well see the importance of this to other countries who share borders with potentially hostile neighbours and they have been invading each other for centuries and those borders have been ever changing. Some of those countries have only been in existence for decades rather than centuries and have diverse and disparate populations due to those oft changing borders. The North Sea and English Channel has always given the UK a natural and formidable defence against hostile neighbours and together with the formation of the Royal Navy is the reason the we have not been successfully invaded, at least by force,  since 1066. For this reason I believe the UK gradually developed to be the most stable country in the world not just Europe and has been since the English civil war.

The Commonwealth of Nations (formerly British Commonwealth) again makes us unique. Other European countries may have had empires but the Commonwealth consists of former colonies that now have their independence but wish to retain ties with the "Motherland". I believe this to be one of the things that our European "family" despise about us and the EU has made it ever more difficult for these counties to trade with the UK. 

Something more objective is the sometimes contradictory attitude of those in other European counties to the UK, or GB or England when you talk to people. Why do they give us poor marks in the European Song Contest, surely it is not because we submit crap songs every year? ? I have Czech friends who have lived and honestly and legally worked here. They love the UK, not just the potential to make good wages but have a respect for our history and culture modern and ancient from Durham Cathedral and Bamburgh Castle to the Sex Pistols and the Premier League. But they still feel betrayed by Britain in 1938, long before they were born, when we took no action over the Annex of Sudentenland. This is an attitude that has been passed down to them from their parents who in turn were told this by their parents.

Similarly I have Polish friends with long memories. As above they like and respect the UK but an attitude that has been passed down to them is not so much to be grateful that GB stepped up when the Germans invaded their country in 1939 but a feeling of betrayal by Churchill after the war for leaving them at the mercy of Stalin.

I believe that we are more capable of standing on our own two feet than any other European nation and now have greater freedom to develop trade and form relationships with those who want to deal with us other for mutual benefit, including the rest of Europe whether they be EU members or not rather than being dictated to by the EU

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2