Ok not boots but what wellies

I got my self a pair of grubs with the vibram soles but they spilt after afew miles so sent them back I now have a pair for hoggs field sport they also have vibram soles there lined and have memory foam In the soles to would highly recommend they was only £9 more than the grubs 

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/01/2021 at 19:12, vfr400boy said:

I got my self a pair of grubs with the vibram soles but they spilt after afew miles so sent them back I now have a pair for hoggs field sport they also have vibram soles there lined and have memory foam In the soles to would highly recommend they was only £9 more than the grubs 

I've heard loads of bad reports of these too but I have had a pair of Grubbs for 3 years and had no issues at all, the soles are starting to wear thin on the heels from when out dog walking on concrete, then again, all my footwear wears the same way on the heels.

the fronts of the neoprene are now starting to look like they may not hold up to water submersion from being clicked,pricked and ripped by brambles and gorze etc. though these have been well used they are still very comy. I would buy another pair if I could guarantee the same level of wear out of them. however, it seems they may not be as good of a boot recently?

I'll look into the Hoggs next time I think?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Had most wellies hunter aigle lechameau muck boot. In my 3rd pair if grubs snowline in 11 years good solid vibram soles Comfy and let your feet breathe in summer and keep you toasty in winter 

Edited by Kalibrgun
33 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Had most wellies hunter aigle lechameau muck boot. In my 3rd pair if grubs snowline in 11 years good solid vibram soles Comfy and let your feet breathe in summer and keep you toasty in winter 

I got a pair a few months back but only worn em a couple of times, seem ok ? 

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Solognac from decathakon. My days of expensive wellies are gone, these cheap fcukers do al the rest do, I like mine an wear em constantly if not working, if I’m milking tho I wear me bekina steplights ?

Agreed, i'm far too hard on footwear to be forking out on expensive ones. Had a cracking pair of Toggi Wanderer Espirit that lasted two years. Bought another pair which lasted less than a month, sickener..!

Them Solognac are really decent for the money, though i'm on a pair of Aldi neoprene that i bought in Feb 2020 and worn daily, they are still going strong. As well as lamping, we had a good few ratting jobs on a huge farm after shooting finished this year, putting a good few miles in on full days between flight ponds and pens. It was a grouler and them Aldi specials did the job....

1 hour ago, Kalibrgun said:

I give my ones some shit...last 2/3 seasons,will be replaced with another pair?

• 3 months later...