Land permission wanted south devon

• 3 weeks later...

Getting permission to ferret on properties is not a hard thing to do.  Go for a drive around the farm lands and when you see a farmer in is paddocks introduce yourself to him.  I find this works quite well. What I have found is knocking on doors is not the most greatest idea as I have found people often get suspicious so I wouldn’t recommend that unless someone has recommended you go and see them example another farmer or friend who will give you their name. The other way I found to be the best for me is to make up a simple flyer and when you see a paddock with rabbits hopping around pop it into their letter box. I have found this to be the most successful way. Always contact the person before you go on their property the day or two prior to going this I find the most respectful thing to do. When you leave always send a text message to the land owner letting them know you have left this is another important thing.  As time goes on you will find you may get recommended to other property’s this all I pretty much do and it has worked very well for me.  Don’t bother asking other hunters to use their permission as you will probably end up with a bad reputation.  Good luck with your ferreting and stick around on this site it has quite a lot of good information and stories you can learn from. I thought I New a lot about ferreting and ferrets after doing it of and on for years but I have learnt a lot more since being on this site. 8979BE94-8F1D-4E25-B256-0840CAF6A74E.jpeg.73f0d7933034d46bec33b2c75ae3bc12.jpeg

• Like 1
On 30/12/2020 at 14:41, Tom lfc said:

New to ferreting got four ferrets and want some land to practice ferreting thanks

Tom nobody is going to give you their permission on here. As said above go around farms knock on doors and ask mate.

Now I'm only about 5 miles from you in Totnes and my mate I Ferret with is in Paignton after this f***ing covid blows over I will give you a day out and we will see if we get on from there. How does that sound to you.

Cheers Arry

• Like 16

I got my little piece of permission by asking a bloke who was shooting on the farm if anybody had permission to go ferreting on it. He said no. I thanked him anyway and went on my way...with a well behaved kelpie trotting along beside me. I got half way across the field and he called me back, complimented the dog and offered me the permission on the three farms. Turned out he was the farmer.

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, walshie said:

The OP hasn't been online since 2nd. Seems the norm to ask for permission, check a couple of days later to see if they've been gifted 5000 acres and if not, never come on again. 

Did wonder mate but the offer is there. We could do with a had some times. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Arry said:

Tom nobody is going to give you their permission on here. As said above go around farms knock on doors and ask mate.

Now I'm only about 5 miles from you in Totnes and my mate I Ferret with is in Paignton after this f***ing covid blows over I will give you a day out and we will see if we get on from there. How does that sound to you.

Cheers Arry

Great offer Arry, top man.

Just be careful mate..

• Like 1