In the trees

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few out of a little wood today 

RHD is the biggest enemy of rabbits , ferretting , shooting and snaring kill a lot but nothing compares to disease.

If you’ve got 1 good mate in this game to share driving & split fuel money that’s all you need. Any more and you’re just going to get problems I think everyone’s learned the hard way. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

Yorkshire dales is vast mate plus  good grub land for rabbits they can move a lot easier

Yes that's true, but there is a lot of people up there every season. ferreting is not effective everywhere. some places they don't bolt well and can be to deep to dig. it's no coincidence that lack of numbers and night vision has come at the same time. 

• Like 1

I disagree mate the nv boys dented hare numbers deer some spots 

but when your netting holes digging them out the one you don’t get won’t return there 

lamping nv your not going near young 

we’re ferreting your wiping the young in the holes 

if a farmer wants the bunny gone properly he doesn’t want you lamping with dog or nv he wants you on with ferret digging them out 

I can’t speak Them lads ferreting dales good numbers every year mate it’s vast with healthy population 

what I’m getting at is lads all over country that have small pockets here there when it starts getting ferreted it’s barren mate 

3 minutes ago, fred90 said:

for me myxi is still the biggest killer of rabbits. seen places never return from it. lads on here such as trev tomo, WHWT, etc producing good numbers ferreting season after season on a lot of same land. 

Disease is the 1 that fecks um right up mixi like

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

I can’t speak Them lads ferreting dales good numbers every year mate it’s vast with healthy population 

what I’m getting at is lads all over country that have small pockets here there when it starts getting ferreted it’s barren mate 

Very true 

You got to be half Hunter half conservationist lol whether rabbit hare if you went coursing same spot every week killing 4 you soon wife land so find 10 different bits hit different spot every time then your not battering them others be running them 2 remember 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

You got to be half Hunter half conservationist lol whether rabbit hare if you went coursing same spot every week killing 4 you soon wife land so find 10 different bits hit different spot every time then your not battering them others be running them 2 remember 

I'm 3 quarter conservationist or possibly 7 8ths

If u seen me dogs you'd understand ?

• Haha 3
25 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Most lads too lazy to look for new spots they get taken to 1 good place then go back behind lads backs and hammer it till it’s f****d ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1