In the trees

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few out of a little wood today 

RHD is the biggest enemy of rabbits , ferretting , shooting and snaring kill a lot but nothing compares to disease.

If you’ve got 1 good mate in this game to share driving & split fuel money that’s all you need. Any more and you’re just going to get problems I think everyone’s learned the hard way. 

Posted Images

We was a hour and a half away Thursday but only half hour away today again, we are lucky to some mate ?. Shows today they are breeding all year round here, we dug to two nests with young in the size of rats and we had three pregnant.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Trev70 said:

Cheers mate, are they making a come back around your way yet.

On some bits  we left alone for a few year they are  but too many trigger happy  nv gunslingers don’t make life easy for em , places up the road a bit that always held are barren  

Edited by green lurchers

nice when you have bits local....ive had 30's ferreting 200 yard from my house.....sadly no more....and not because of me..as gl said the night vision boys hamer it...and and top of that badgers digging out nests in spring...and disease...

good trip out there trev

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

On some bits  we left alone for a few year they are  but too many trigger happy  nv gunslingers don’t make life easy for em , places up the road a bit that always held are barren  

Them gun men love a summer hunt ☹️ Is the keeper lining his race bred yet mate?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TOMO said:

nice when you have bits local....ive had 30's ferreting 200 yard from my house.....sadly no more....and not because of me..as gl said the night vision boys hamer it...and and top of that badgers digging out nests in spring...and disease...

good trip out there trev

Cheers Tomo , 

We are lucky mate just hope it will last ?

2 hours ago, Trev70 said:

Them gun men love a summer hunt ☹️ Is the keeper lining his race bred yet mate?

Roll all the does over in summer then wonder why thers nothing to shoot in the winter , That’s the plan waiting for her to drop in fingers xd 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, TOMO said:

good trip out there trev

We have same pressures, myxi still pops up late summer although not wiping them out, RHVD seems to be about 99% fatal when it hits although thankfully that's patchy, I notice a lot more badgers around us. As for NV shooters, since the advent of 0.17hmr they can hardly miss, luckily they get bored every so often and rabbits reappear over time. ?

Out of everything guns dogs ferreting I think without a doubt the ferreting wipe them faster than anything land that always had bunny’s be barren next 8 year once lads get at them with ferrets locators digging em out  then next season they wonder where’s the bunny’s lol

I no land had rabbits since a kid few year back bloke got permission for ferreting owned the land lol jacked it after season half cos there no bunny’s because of dog lads poaching  lol they still haven’t returned he had blitzed them