Looking for a Terrier

22 hours ago, WhiteWolf-82 said:

Hello 

Does anybody have a dog that has jacked i’m looking for a dog for bushing and the odd ? nothing hard.

if anybody had any or any pups from working stock .

ATB 

So why would you want a dog that's jacked? 

Just get a dog off bayer types. 

Another alt account is it. ?

Edited by Greb147
10 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Im guessing he doesnt want a dog that stays to ground

He claims he wanted it for digging foxes as well? 

I've known of good baying terriers that could be called off but that was by chance at a guess. 

He's be better off with a spaniel, always a chance your bushing terrier will go to ground. 

5 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Ive known good baying terriers stay as long as it takes, sometimes a jacking terrier will do enough for the odd fox,

That's not mutually exclusive though. 

My uncles old Jack Russell would stay as long as it took but could sometimes be called off. 

He was digging foxes with him when he was 13, a very good dog. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

He claims he wanted it for digging foxes as well? 

I've known of good baying terriers that could be called off but that was by chance at a guess. 

He's be better off with a spaniel, always a chance your bushing terrier will go to ground. 

Honestly if there bred off stuff with working above in mind and brought on right they shouldnt. If my dog run a fox above and it dropped in imfront of his nose most hed do is mark the hole. If he even thought about going in thats his work done for me. And hes no bayer when he has come across the odd fresh carcase or whatever

2 minutes ago, Northwest terriers said:

A good digging dog should never be able to be called out in my opinion 

Maybe not but it can and does happen. 

The Jack Russell was an old farm dog, doesn't take away from the fact that it was a handy dog. 

9 minutes ago, Northwest terriers said:

People have different standards mate,if I ever have a dog that would come to me calling it out I’ll keep you in mind mate and gift it you because I wouldn’t be keeping it 

Nothing to do with standards, it was what it was. 

My old man bought the terrier for my uncle when he was a teen, it ended up making a good bayer/mixer and the dog had a great nose. 

He was still digging foxes with him at 13.

Was it put through the paces like some terriers, probably not but if there was something at home he would stay until dug to.