How much do they change

2 hours ago, welshwhippet22 said:

Better picture

Screenshot_20201230-160227_Video Player.jpg

I'd like to just say mate, that if I was you, I wouldn't have him jumping very high, up or down, or too often. He's obviously a big pup/type. They do take a little longer for everything to 'set', growth plates  ligaments, tendons etc. Seen, and heard more, of young, bigger type lurchers, such as yours, being injured for weeks/months, sometimes permantly, just through having them jumping, because 'he loves jumping' etc. Or 'he looks mature enough now' etc. 

I think that's part of the problem with lurchers with a fair amount of bull in, they 'look' more mature physically, but under the muscle etc, they are still immature. I'd personally wait another few months.

Anyway, hope I haven't pissed on your chips lol. It's your dog, and very nice too ?

14 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I'd like to just say mate, that if I was you, I wouldn't have him jumping very high, up or down, or too often. He's obviously a big pup/type. They do take a little longer for everything to 'set', growth plates  ligaments, tendons etc. Seen, and heard more, of young, bigger type lurchers, such as yours, being injured for weeks/months, sometimes permantly, just through having them jumping, because 'he loves jumping' etc. Or 'he looks mature enough now' etc. 

I think that's part of the problem with lurchers with a fair amount of bull in, they 'look' more mature physically, but under the muscle etc, they are still immature. I'd personally wait another few months.

Anyway, hope I haven't pissed on your chips lol. It's your dog, and very nice too ?

Shaaark,  mate thankyou for the advice. What you've said is spot on and I'd never thought of it like that. A good friend said something similar  about working him too soon. He said although physically he looks the part, mentally he's still immature/young and i could easily ruin him by starting too early, thats why I won't work him till next season. ?

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, welshwhippet22 said:

Shaaark,  mate thankyou for the advice. What you've said is spot on and I'd never thought of it like that. A good friend said something similar  about working him too soon. He said although physically he looks the part, mentally he's still immature/young and i could easily ruin him by starting too early, thats why I won't work him till next season. ?

Brilliant, good man ?. Was hoping I didn't come across too negatively, or like I'm 'telling you what to do'!!

Honestly mate, seen it a few times with these bigger types. Like your mate has said, a lot of these bigger types do take a while to mature, both physically and mentally.

Dog looks well mate 

Lads been serious with the dont jump him wait next season lol

The dogs 12 month old from a 10 week old pup it should be out all different land mooching playing jumping obstacles dykes fences they mature alot quicker then lol 

Then when your mooching the dog will start itself knocking things up  you can't ruin a dog thats out doing what it loves 

What good is a dog 2 year old hasn't seen fence dyke woods can't jump 

• Like 1
On 26/12/2020 at 22:22, welshwhippet22 said:

Just wandering how much my bull x will change physically. Hes just turned 12 month so wandering how much he will change physically again.  Height/weight wise etc. He's about 28TTS & around 35kgs.  Cheers 

20201127_133922.jpg

Id Just keep mooching him as you are different land   letting him jump what he wants he knock something up sooner than you think mate and it'll no about dykes hedges plough fences in advance atb

• Like 1