Lundhags boots ?

I don't think there are any shops in the UK which still stock them. I had to get my most recent pair online. I've still got the previous ones, which I bought from Penrith in 2012, but the soles have gone. I did consider sending them to Sweden for a full refit as they are SO comfortable but decided in the end to just buy a new pair and wait until I can find a quality cobbler who doesn't mind trying to resole the old ones. 

My original pair were Scouts and the new ones are Forests...but they're basically just the revamped version of the Scout. That's the basic one layer version of their boot. I've also got a pair of Professionals, which I bought on ebay (as there's no way I could afford them new). They are lovely and comfortable too but I only wear them when it's very cold as they're more insulated but a fair bit heavier. 

They're great boots. You won't regret it. Re sizing, you can email the company for advice and they're very helpful.

22 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Don’t the outdoor shop in Penrith still sell em? Had a pair years back in army from there an swore by em always said I’d get another pair but never got round to it, gutted if they ain’t there anymore 

Sorry W.Katchum but the shop closed down a few years ago. Sad news. I loved going in there whenever we went up to visit my wife's family in Appleby.

50 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

I’ve just ordered a pair of Forest. They better be good neal! ?

If you're a size 8 and you don't like them...feel free to throw them at me.?

They feel very rigid at first and take a little while to soften up but they're a lot lighter than you'd expect for their appearance. The main thing to remember is that, apart from the curtech rubber base, they're not actually waterproof. That's added using the grease; which smells amazing. I think I put it on mine about three or four times before they were fully waterproof. Then, whenever you feel a bit of moisture in the future, just re-grease. Compare that to gore-tex lined boots which are great until the lining gets a hole. You can use other treatments too but I watched a review online by a bloke comparing the different treatments and he said the grease changes the colour slightly but waterproofs and softens the leather whereas the wax, or oil or whatever it was, waterproofs and makes them more rigid...which some might prefer.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Neal said:

Sorry W.Katchum but the shop closed down a few years ago. Sad news. I loved going in there whenever we went up to visit my wife's family in Appleby.

If you're a size 8 and you don't like them...feel free to throw them at me.?

They feel very rigid at first and take a little while to soften up but they're a lot lighter than you'd expect for their appearance. The main thing to remember is that, apart from the curtech rubber base, they're not actually waterproof. That's added using the grease; which smells amazing. I think I put it on mine about three or four times before they were fully waterproof. Then, whenever you feel a bit of moisture in the future, just re-grease. Compare that to gore-tex lined boots which are great until the lining gets a hole. You can use other treatments too but I watched a review online by a bloke comparing the different treatments and he said the grease changes the colour slightly but waterproofs and softens the leather whereas the wax, or oil or whatever it was, waterproofs and makes them more rigid...which some might prefer.

Thanks for the tip Neal, I will order some grease pronto....?

This thread reminded me to try looking for a pair again. I could never seem to get the right size or colour available in Belgium......until now ?

• Thanks 1
On 29/12/2020 at 12:25, Neal said:

I don't think there are any shops in the UK which still stock them. I had to get my most recent pair online. I've still got the previous ones, which I bought from Penrith in 2012, but the soles have gone. I did consider sending them to Sweden for a full refit as they are SO comfortable but decided in the end to just buy a new pair and wait until I can find a quality cobbler who doesn't mind trying to resole the old ones. 

My original pair were Scouts and the new ones are Forests...but they're basically just the revamped version of the Scout. That's the basic one layer version of their boot. I've also got a pair of Professionals, which I bought on ebay (as there's no way I could afford them new). They are lovely and comfortable too but I only wear them when it's very cold as they're more insulated but a fair bit heavier. 

They're great boots. You won't regret it. Re sizing, you can email the company for advice and they're very helpful.

Is the cellular rubber bottom just like a wellie ? Is there much support ?

1 hour ago, jessdale said:

Is the cellular rubber bottom just like a wellie ? Is there much support ?

I've never thought about it like that but I suppose it is a bit like having a wellie up to just below the ankle and then leather above. They are very supportive so it's actually more like having a very wide rand or bumper on top of a normal sole.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Accip74 said:

All greased up & ready to go ?

Wow! That's weird...I was going to write a rude comment following your wording but I was struck by something else instead. As soon as I saw the photo I could literally (an overused word, I know, but it fits in this case) smell the leather grease. How weird is that?

I'm sure I remember reading once that the sense of smell is our strongest sense for bringing forth memories.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Neal said:

The smell certainly stays with you, it’s the smokiness I think. It’s great stuff ?

I must admit I was in two minds about keeping them because of the fit. They are on the large side length wise, but I have a broad foot, so by the time I added an insole & 2 pairs of lightweight boot socks as instructed I knew I couldn’t really drop a size. Anyway I had them out yesterday & I think they should be fine. I went through water right up to the tops & they stayed nice & dry inside. Maybe once the leather softens a bit they will fit a little snugger? But they were comfortable enough ?

• Like 1