Deerhound

2 hours ago, my hounds said:

Heres my Cooklands bred first cross Deerhound/Greyhound,he was 10yrs last month just under 31tts which to me has not hampered him(watch Axel on Lurcher Mania) he has worked/works certain types of cover plus as a young dog up and at em(more so his litter sister) and and again to me what a length  of stride.He has got very good feet most certainly from the deerhound side,his breeding is out of Trevors Deerhound "Boots" whose sire was Doxhope Knights Errant also Rohanis, Shenvil,Rosslyn lines are in there.On his Greyhound side called "Marys on Tour" in her lines are Honcho,Westmead and Sandman.So i feel theres good breeding there hence i have  decided to have his semen tested and if alls well some frozen and stored in the next few weeks.Heres  some photos one taken a few weeks ago plus one with his litter sister 27tts,atvb My hounds.

2017-11-30 10.07.49.jpg

SDC11340.JPG

20201120_092402.jpg

bruce with his sister2.JPG

SDC10826.JPG

SDC10829.JPG

Beautiful dogs, they’re not my usual thing but I reckon if a genuine 1st cross litter was on the ground I’d be very tempted

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my Cooklands bred first cross Deerhound/Greyhound,he was 10yrs last month just under 31tts which to me has not hampered him(watch Axel on Lurcher Mania) he has worked/works certain types of cove

Real deerhound crosses...... Cheers.  

Wheatan/Greyhound x Deerhound; Cheers.  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, shaaark said:

He has a 3/4 grey/deer dog. Don't think he's bred it to anything yet though.

Went over a wheaton bull bitch, I asked him to sell me a pup,would be nearly 2 yrs ago, but never heard back off him, then a good lad off here sorted me out my wheaton bull bitch?

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

If I were to get a deer/grey.I think I would go for 1/4 deer 3/4 grey bitch. Just to bring the size down.

Anybody any experience of owning this cross?

bitch in my avatar....was deer/grey x whipp/grey.....great dog for me she was on rabbit hare and small deer...wone a coursing comp with her ...and runner up the following year........25 inch 51 lbs hard running weight

Edited by TOMO
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Went over a wheaton bull bitch, I asked him to sell me a pup,would be nearly 2 yrs ago, but never heard back off him, then a good lad off here sorted me out my wheaton bull bitch?

Was it his 3/4 grey/deer dog that went over his wheaten/bull/grey? I thought the wheaten/bull/grey dog  he has was put to a 1st cross deer/grey bitch?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Was it his 3/4 grey/deer dog that went over his wheaten/bull/grey? I thought the wheaten/bull/grey dog  he has was put to a 1st cross deer/grey bitch?

Maybe furg, The pup I asked about was deer/grey, bull, wheaton ?

2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Maybe furg, The pup I asked about was deer/grey, bull, wheaton ?

Only asking really because his 3/4 bred dog would only be about 3 years old now?

I seem to remember us back and forth with similar questions last year, about your bitch and another similarly bred litter! Lol ?

any of the irish lads on here, heard or know anything about the rathcreevagh deerhounds, bred in the republic, by a chap by the name of alan, is this alan charles who bred a good strain of deerhounds anddeerhoundxs, heard these dogs carry a bit of doxhope, and coursing lines in them, any of you boys, seen any thing out of them run, or are they just another money spinner, price tag of 1200 quid, just asking.

37 minutes ago, grompz said:

any of the irish lads on here, heard or know anything about the rathcreevagh deerhounds, bred in the republic, by a chap by the name of alan, is this alan charles who bred a good strain of deerhounds anddeerhoundxs, heard these dogs carry a bit of doxhope, and coursing lines in them, any of you boys, seen any thing out of them run, or are they just another money spinner, price tag of 1200 quid, just asking.

Pm sent mate ?

22 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Bonny dogs..have you got a bitch in mind.? What is her breeding ?

If all goes well with the Ai side of things the bitch is deer/grey cross collie/grey the lines are around 30yrs this will be next year again if alls good on my dogs side of things.I hope so because  i would like some one to use some of the straws on a Deerhound or greyhound.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, my hounds said:

If all goes well with the Ai side of things the bitch is deer/grey cross collie/grey the lines are around 30yrs this will be next year again if alls good on my dogs side of things.I hope so because  i would like some one to use some of the straws on a Deerhound or greyhound.

Good Luck.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, lurchers said:

People slag handcock off but never Trevor for doing the same thing,strange that ??

To be  honest Trevor Cooks last Deerhound litter was well over 4 years ago and before that a good 3 years he has  put his Dogs to stud to  other Deerhounds and Greyhounds when people have requested it.I have kept in touch with Trevor for a good 14yrs now and in this present situation where people are breeding litters for the money  he has no desire to and to me theres a big difference between Hancocks puppy factory and Trevor Cooks actions.atvb .

• Like 9
5 hours ago, grompz said:

My bitch is that breeding. Don't know how good the pures are though.