• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

those look like the HIV lesions....get yourself checked out greb

Dig deeper and get him a pair of Le chameau

I think Hunters are overpriced and over rated.  You are basically paying for the name. Quality appears to have suffered since production moved to China; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/fema

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

@TOMOYou was praising the wellies from Decathlon so I take it you've had other hunting gear from there, what's the quality of the stuff from there? 

no mate only had wellys that ive tested....i have some hiking trainers from there that are my everyday walk around shoes....and i rate them as well...

i got a hunting coat and trousers for chrimbo  from there.....but im taking them back the jacket is just to big to thick and to heavy.....the trousers are to big for me ....

1 minute ago, TOMO said:

no mate only had wellys that ive tested....i have some hiking trainers from there that are my everyday walk around shoes....and i rate them as well...

i got a hunting coat and trousers for chrimbo  from there.....but im taking them back the jacket is just to big to thick and to heavy.....the trousers are to big for me ....

Seem good gear if they fitted? 

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Seem good gear if they fitted? 

yes mate....the coat looks the part ....proper country gent stood on a shooting peg....trousers the same....

but being as my main fieldsport is ferreting the need to be comfortable whilst digging is a must...i truely believe the coat would keep you warm and dry...just very thick and heavy....

when they re open i will take them back and go for something more lightweight

22 minutes ago, TOMO said:

yes mate....the coat looks the part ....proper country gent stood on a shooting peg....trousers the same....

but being as my main fieldsport is ferreting the need to be comfortable whilst digging is a must...i truely believe the coat would keep you warm and dry...just very thick and heavy....

when they re open i will take them back and go for something more lightweight

What's the coat an trousers made off tomo?

5 pair of them neoprenes from Aldi and some booze with the change.

Just done 11 months in them 20 quid Aldi specials. Worn almost every day and have seen some milage too. I'm really surprised at how comfy they are.

I've had some bloody good £150 plus wellies but i'm just too hard on them and its a sickener when they split.

This year i'm gonna spash out on two Aldi pair, so as they can dry out from almost constant wear. ?

19 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

5 pair of them neoprenes from Aldi and some booze with the change.

Just done 11 months in them 20 quid Aldi specials. Worn almost every day and have seen some milage too. I'm really surprised at how comfy they are.

I've had some bloody good £150 plus wellies but i'm just too hard on them and its a sickener when they split.

This year i'm gonna spash out on two Aldi pair, so as they can dry out from almost constant wear. ?

What kind of sock would you wear with them bosum?

On 31/01/2021 at 19:31, Qbgrey said:

?yup prob won't get a refund on them. I'm a boot freak,got dealers here,1 pair timberland,3 pair of rm Williams,2 lace up timberlands,1 pair cat,1 pair cabelas,1 pair harkila,1 pair ariat,1 pair bucklers, 1 shit pair of Rydale,2 dealers I bought from Italy,and 1 pair of barker Calder and (UK made)lace up dealers,and 1 pair blundestones.and a few shit ones knocking about too.my Mrs does her nut about them.

More tread than a millipede 

14 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I'm on my second pair of the trousers to that jacket. First pair the terrier got hold of, the c**t b*****d thing.

They're warm and waterproof! I won't wear them unless it's subzero though otherwise I'll sweat and they're not really breathable at all. They're my go to for digging/on the bike and any kind of static shooting (roosting, flighting etc) in the depths of winter. My mate has the jacket for the same thing and he liked it so much his missus has claimed it as her own for whenever conditions are diabolical!

I honestly don't think anyone would be disappointed with any of it for the price.

Edited by Born Hunter
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Has anyone had any trousers from there, I read on one of the reviews that they are short in the leg. 

I'm just over 6ft 1 and don't want 3/4 length bottoms. 

Yes, they're not short in the leg unless you've an abnormal build.

• Like 1