Fishing Thailand

So fishing in Thailand has been on the list for a while now I know that gillhams is the in place and expensive as fook so no intrest in that place.so been looking for alternatives but what I'm finding is there around £250ish a day.so was wondering if any of you lads have been or have any recommendations please and cost etc.not bothered about the night scene or anything this is purely a fishing trip?

• 2 weeks later...

On 30/12/2020 at 15:49, Hullman said:

Pal went to jarasic park don't know much about it but seen the pics of some monsters. Said it was amazing

https://www.jurassicfishingthailand.com/

Yes thats what I have gone for they will pick us up from Bangkok Airport supply all gear accommodation breakfast and dinner its about 250 a day all in so im going to do 4 days then we are going to have 3 days at a few day places then 2 weeks travelling around if we can ever get out there cheers

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
On 03/01/2021 at 02:57, Councilestatekid said:

Yes thats what I have gone for they will pick us up from Bangkok Airport supply all gear accommodation breakfast and dinner its about 250 a day all in so im going to do 4 days then we are going to have 3 days at a few day places then 2 weeks travelling around if we can ever get out there cheers

Tight lines, your going to enjoy yourself, when I first fished bungsamran the lake that started Thailands big fish craze 20+ years ago it was an eye opener, if you have spare time and your at a loose end in Bangkok may I suggest boon mar barramundi ponds? 

6 hours ago, mackem said:

Tight lines, your going to enjoy yourself, when I first fished bungsamran the lake that started Thailands big fish craze 20+ years ago it was an eye opener, if you have spare time and your at a loose end in Bangkok may I suggest boon mar barramundi ponds? 

I will give a go mate on way back I have a day while waiting for pcr cheers pal

Depends what you want. I used to have a word with the lads who took tourists out to the islands and would fish while the boat waited to bring them back.

Would catch fish and have them barbecued on the the boat. Nothing huge but caught plenty , and back then just paid around 100-200 baht, next to nothing, doubtless it will cost more now, but a bit different to fishing the specimen lakes.

Cheers.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

Yea this place ive wanted to fish for a few years and around 7000baht a day but like you say specimen lake I went to target 100+ carp but yesterday's swim wasn't happening for the carp I was hoping to get a different peg but never mind still a good experience 

That's about £160, things have got a lot more expensive since I spent time there, but to be fair, it's worth it for the experience and memories. Enjoy it ?

Cheers.

Yea mate it's on the dear end but that's just because of the fish and demand I suppose on the otherside of things gilhams over here wanted 2and half grand for week thats with accommodation and that was with bit of discount can still get cheaper fishing but I was after the carp but id defo recommend the place like you say the experience and memories but ill be going back next year!!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, chartpolski said:

That's about £160, things have got a lot more expensive since I spent time there,

Thai's fish bungsamran 2 for a 10'th of the price of a foreigner I think? Before freshwater lakes were a big thing amongst western anglers the original bungsamran that started the craze off was £15? Quid?