• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the trail cams, got some great footage with the mini acorn- including the fella that smashed it!! lol  

I was like that mate but realised once you know how to turn it on and off and watch it back the rest is just down to playing with it....just stick it out in the garden on different settings and learn

Would of been happy with that coat in years gone by, Surprising the colours you get I,ve had a pied one, which was a good size country fox quite yellowish in colour with white legs like a dog in colou

Posted Images

My only problems getting my foxes was to do with the cameras settings. That and the dreadful mists that would come with the dawn. That aside, as said; I've had Hours of them. I just wouldn't bother showing dozens upon dozens of pointless clips of much the same foxes in the exact same spot.

Just been on the phone to someone and, as we were talking, I stood up and looked out. Two foxes. Good as gold and in what was still then broad daylight. I took their breakfast out, earlier. Put that down and three chicks. Called the foxes. Turned my back for barely five minutes? Chicks gone!

I think I'll pretty much give up filming them, now. Or, I may fiddle about, trying to fine tune the settings? I tried High, across the board? Disaster, as I remember. Now, Medium seems to work alright.

Might stick it out there on Daytime only. See myself chuck their food down. Three minutes later, the little sods dash into view and grab the grub. Just for shits 'n giggles though. Won't be boring this place with it.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

My only problems getting my foxes was to do with the cameras settings. That and the dreadful mists that would come with the dawn. That aside, as said; I've had Hours of them. I just wouldn't bother showing dozens upon dozens of pointless clips of much the same foxes in the exact same spot.

Just been on the phone to someone and, as we were talking, I stood up and looked out. Two foxes. Good as gold and in what was still then broad daylight. I took their breakfast out, earlier. Put that down and three chicks. Called the foxes. Turned my back for barely five minutes? Chicks gone!

I think I'll pretty much give up filming them, now. Or, I may fiddle about, trying to fine tune the settings? I tried High, across the board? Disaster, as I remember. Now, Medium seems to work alright.

Might stick it out there on Daytime only. See myself chuck their food down. Three minutes later, the little sods dash into view and grab the grub. Just for shits 'n giggles though. Won't be boring this place with it.

I went over to hard wired security cams round the garden as I got fed up going through SD cards everyday just to see the same couple of Fox’s and cats having a feed, now just come down in the morning and see who was feeding the night before, downsides are spiders and rain ?

• Like 1

Oh, have to agree entirely!!! Going out there. Undoing the case. Dragging the damn thing back in here. Plugging in wires. Waiting .........!

Then, sorting through endless bloody clips of a fox, farting about. Only to rinse and fukking repeat?! Get's Damn old, Damn fast, doesn't it?

Yeah, I must say; The thought of running a wire out there, direct to my screen, has occurred to me too. I had / still have a Logitech web cam. I used to have it in my window. On motion detector. Come to my door and I'd have eyes on you before you knocked.

Something like that could beat the shit out of a trail cam, agreed.

How did you get on with the long cable required? I'd need a good few foot, needing to follow the profile of the building, see?