RAT QUERY

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never caught in the weld mesh cage so though I would covert this old food waste caddy. Cheers Arry

Is this the one? Or this  

I can’t find the video but the rat in question makes a quick appearance about 30 seconds into this video.  

Posted Images

A sweet like a squishy or Liquorice all sort  in trigger work well put some peanuts or porridge in bait tray as well , good catchers the Black cats . rats feed on tray before trying to get bait on trigger and it over comes neophobia

Edited by Staffy1
25 minutes ago, Staffy1 said:

Hi Arry bought these from ultimate traps Ireland , I know Kim  at Discount Pest control makes a box to

It's okay mate was looking for a design. Im sure I can knock one up. Ordered one of the Blacks Cats to Try.

Cheers Arry

3 hours ago, Arry said:

It's okay mate was looking for a design. Im sure I can knock one up. Ordered one of the Blacks Cats to Try.

Cheers Arry

i found traps worked better outside of the safety cage,  so they are great for example in lofts, I know some times you have to use one for safety. I would may be knock up one in wood ive always had more luck with wood rather than wire , maybe the rats like the fact wood boxes are dark?  When you get your trap remeber the rat has to lift the trigger arm so use some thing quite hard as a bait  so rats cant nick it- Bertie basset sweet or a hard chew or chocolate sweet. Pop some oats and /or wheat in the little bait tray, rats get confident feeding at trap that way

Edited by Staffy1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Staffy1 said:

i found traps worked better outside of the safety cage,  so they are great for example in lofts, I know some times you have to use one for safety. I would may be knock up one in wood ive always had more luck with wood rather than wire , maybe the rats like the fact wood boxes are dark?  When you get your trap remeber the rat has to lift the trigger arm so use some thing quite hard as a bait  so rats cant nick it- Bertie basset sweet or a hard chew or chocolate sweet. Pop some oats and /or wheat in the little bait tray, rats get confident feeding at trap that way

I know what you mean Staff but this is out side at the top of the garden near bird feeders and compost bins. I encourage Hedgehog and have a few that are still active so trap has to be caged or boxed. I have made weld mesh cage at moment might knock up a box if that don't work. Think its a full grown one thats about at the moment as it seem cautious.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Arry said:

Never caught in the weld mesh cage so though I would covert this old food waste caddy.

IMG_2739.JPG.ef5aa80282cfd763f3bc329be3d5e3bd.JPG

IMG_2737.JPG.e69f118f672a94c80c1638d9eb52c574.JPG

IMG_2738.JPG.272957f7ac5893062a07db3f60600a15.JPG

IMG_2740.JPG.89cb51221c49b0f18e940cc2c18e780f.JPG

Cheers Arry

Fill the tray with some freebies. Maybe fill the bottom of the box with compost so it's not walking on plastic 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...