RAT QUERY

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never caught in the weld mesh cage so though I would covert this old food waste caddy. Cheers Arry

Is this the one? Or this  

I can’t find the video but the rat in question makes a quick appearance about 30 seconds into this video.  

Posted Images

On 16/12/2020 at 13:31, Torquemada said:

Dido, I did wonder what I was going to bait them with, the trigger mechanism is odd. What is that square thing you have used?

Squishems... Kids sweets. The bottom one was harribo. Rub the sweet with just a smear of peanut butter and fill the tray with small dog biscuits that have a really strong dog food smell. I've also superglued peanuts to some triggers. The key is to fill the tray with something attractive I reckon. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Bud. I actually got a grip of myself, made the effort, and tracked said rat down the other night.

Jesus fukking wept! As they say; 'Seeing is believing.' Where would we be without modern technology? Imagine scratching your scalp off as you tried to figure out WTF was going on there?

Even noticing there was always a stick, you'd be thinking, " Fukk Orrrrff!!! Never!!! ".

Oh yeah! That's what I was going to say: I used to follow that guy. But ~ I think it was his cavalier attitude to just Drowning bucketfuls of sentient rodents ...? It just never could stand making creatures suffer, just because, 'Meh. They're only rodents. And, it's convenient.'

Anyway, even then I saw people asking after his state of health. Him saying he was fine. As his cheeks and eye sockets shrivelled before us.

Now? I can't stand to watch him anyway. Looks like a jaw bone, flapping beneath those sunken eyes. Urrgh!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

Is this the one?

Or this

You wonder if they teach this stuff to their young.They taught quolls( a native carnivore) over here not to eat poisonous cane toads and when released they taught their babies.I think rats might be even more intelligent.

Never used one of them black cat traps, seen a video review of them and the trigger needs to be lifted to fire the trap.

So say for example you bait up with luncheon meat as in the pics above and the rat just nibbles away gently with downward pressure on the trigger without lifting it,

anyone using these had the bait taken with the trap not firing.

SINDASOX

2 hours ago, SINDASOX said:

Never used one of them black cat traps, seen a video review of them and the trigger needs to be lifted to fire the trap.

So say for example you bait up with luncheon meat as in the pics above and the rat just nibbles away gently with downward pressure on the trigger without lifting it,

SINDASOX

Well I presume the likes of luncheon meat would not be a good bait choice. Needs to be a hard bait to set the trap off. I'm sure there are lots of choices if you think about it

3 hours ago, SINDASOX said:

SINDASOX

Yes it happens but normally with small young rats or mice. You fill the tray with a small loose bait that the rat easily lifts and eats, then add something fixed to the trigger. 

Black cats will increase your catch rate ten fold against plastic snap traps 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

Well I presume the likes of luncheon meat would not be a good bait choice. Needs to be a hard bait to set the trap off. I'm sure there are lots of choices if you think about it

I just used the luncheon meat as an example because it was in the pics above.

SINDASOX