RAT QUERY

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never caught in the weld mesh cage so though I would covert this old food waste caddy. Cheers Arry

Is this the one? Or this  

I can’t find the video but the rat in question makes a quick appearance about 30 seconds into this video.  

Posted Images

I  dug holes 6 inches deep in this compost and placed 3 older type traps in them then shaped the compost around them leaving a 3 inch slope down to the PLATE , when i arrived this AM  the Traps were all covered over and unfired , i have now levelled the compost and changed the BAIT  and TRAPS , we shall see .

IMG_20201214_151140.jpg

I find the same Micky. carefully exposed the tunnel set some Victor and Nippers and they buried the lot. Think its the older wiser ones. Threw some wax block down the hole that sorted the bugger out. They alway seem to turn up this time of the year when it goes wet, must give my compost heap a check.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Torquemada said:

Jaws is easy to set and is a good trap...

Nice to see you're still about, Spaniard :)

Do those things break the neck then? Only stuff I'd ever handled that looked like that, I'd put my finger in without hesitation. But, matey there certainly looks like he went out like a light.

The decent ones do. I've recently taken delivery of Black Cat traps. They are capable of seriously maiming a human hand.

But if you are predominantly using traps, I think you need to mix the type up, as ratty does get to recognise them.

Edited by Torquemada
  • Like 1

Seen the reports on Black Cats. Plastic version of an old, American design. I wouldn't have put my fingers in one of those things, either!

I have some trail cam footage here of ratty demonstrating what the much vaunted 'neophobia' actually looks like!

Doesn't exactly teach us anything - and was deliberately set up to demonstrate the failure. Amusing as all hell though.

I'm afraid this computer's failing me, as we speak. Sent for a new one, today. But, until that arrives, I can't access shit :(

Black cats are a new level in catching rats. I've got em on trail cams staying 12" from snap traps then steaming into black cats. Traps are once again becoming my first option in a lot of jobs simply because of the bc's