Whippet racing - looking for book tips

9 minutes ago, Rakete said:

This is how I understood it.  Or that the racing people are against hunting, a different kind of people, a different mentality. 

But what do I know??We only have show and lure coursing/racing people. And debates about "Fat showdogs. The show people ruin the breed. " "These racing people destroying the breed" and "Your pedigree whippet is a grew. So I do not talk to you" 

Most of the racing people I know are pro hunting. Of course, some of them aren't .

Years ago, non-peds were without doubt dual purpose dogs, hunting and racing, but sure, in today's political climate the racers don't hunt so much, but they certainly aren't anti.

Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suffolkpest said:

This book is a bit dated.....

16078804479601097302975982400981.jpg

Does'nt matter. Like that old stuff and a historic background. As we do not have much of it.

A few, mainly afghan hound people, I think, that had a vision. Rented some fields, built gras tracks and kept it alive from the 70s till now. Not exactly sure, when the whippet people appeared. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Most of the racing people I know are pro hunting. Of course, some of them aren't .

Years ago, non-peds were without doubt dual purpose dogs, hunting and racing, but sure, in today's political climate the racers don't hunt so much, but they certainly aren't anti.

Cheers.

Just has been my first interpretation from what I read. 

Find it really interesting how different laws, different traditions etc. form a picture of a breed. So sometimes it might be interesting who is "on which" side. Not for judging, just understanding. 

I'd like to have a broad picture of the breeds I love (Came from the rescue side of the picture where racing and hunting is the purest of all evils. Started with dumped spanish hare coursers. And they thought me a lesson. So my point of view became more flexible) 

12 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Just has been my first interpretation from what I read. 

Find it really interesting how different laws, different traditions etc. form a picture of a breed. So sometimes it might be interesting who is "on which" side. Not for judging, just understanding. 

I'd like to have a broad picture of the breeds I love (Came from the rescue side of the picture where racing and hunting is the purest of all evils. Started with dumped spanish hare coursers. And they thought me a lesson. So my point of view became more flexible) 

Never really seen ""sides" with non-peds; people race, course, hunt, show them, some have a go at the lot, but never really seen people knock what others do.

Its been a passion of mine for over 50 years, most arguments I've seen has been on the track.

Cheers.

• Like 1