Advice / feedback

Alright guys am just about to try and apply for my fac for a rimfire to shoot mainly rabbits but at the same time would be feather aswell am currently working on 2 golf courses and as you know isn’t easy to get near them so trying to apply for a fac to make life easier if I apply for a fac do I need to have the gun cabinet at the time of doing the application or can you get it after it’s processing thanks any advice is welcome   

10 minutes ago, bribri988 said:

Alright guys am just about to try and apply for my fac for a rimfire to shoot mainly rabbits but at the same time would be feather aswell am currently working on 2 golf courses and as you know isn’t easy to get near them so trying to apply for a fac to make life easier if I apply for a fac do I need to have the gun cabinet at the time of doing the application or can you get it after it’s processing thanks any advice is welcome   

It will need to be in place when they pay you a visit.

There is only a couple of reasons you could be turned down. The golf course is in the middle of a housing estate or you've got certain convictions.  If non of the above apply get the cabinet fitted ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

There is only a couple of reasons you could be turned down. The golf course is in the middle of a housing estate or you've got certain convictions.  If non of the above apply get the cabinet fitted ?

It’s a rail way one side the motorway they other and then houses around what’s the distance public need to be away for shooting and I might just get one anyway for the air rifles tbh but just want to try and get it all right first time around thanks mate 

Just now, bribri988 said:

It’s a rail way one side the motorway they other and then houses around what’s the distance public need to be away for shooting and I might just get one anyway for the air rifles tbh but just want to try and get it all right first time around thanks mate 

"what’s the distance public need to be away for shooting"

Don't think you can shoot the public at any distance lol.

Hmmm. They will check it out and be in touch with you. You can inquire how the application is going and whether or not you need to fit a cabinet. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Sausagedog said:

"what’s the distance public need to be away for shooting"

Don't think you can shoot the public at any distance lol.

Hmmm. They will check it out and be in touch with you. You can inquire how the application is going and whether or not you need to fit a cabinet. 

There must be a minimum distance the public have access to a lot of my land has a public footpath somewhere or other 

9 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Apart from air rifle sub 12 lbs and regarding feather , it’s defo not advisable to shoot into trees or bushes at any time and them make sure of what’s behind them 

atb 

I know that mate tbh there hardly in trees on the land I go always out in the open but you just can’t get near them with a air rifle 

22 minutes ago, bribri988 said:

Ok thanks mate I will just apply for it and try and get in touch with someone who has a fac using rifles so they can guide me it also asks for the gun type and Cal but I have no idea what I will require for bunny and feather cheers mate 

Gun type - rifle. calibre .22lr will be your best bet for rabbits and your first venture into FAC, also if you want a sound mod you will need to apply for that along side the rifle, it’s a shame you are not around some of the nice folks on here that could give you a bit of rifle experience ?

• Like 1

FAC air is normally a open ticket  and will do the job you want it to do . 
Days have gone where 30 ftlbs was the normal . My FX impact is running at 72 ftlbs and laser accurate at 100+ yards , my FX crown running at 40 ftlbs and once again laser accurate at 100+ yards using H&N slugs these gets more use than 22lr & 17 HMR 

9 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

...and medical reasons. Check the form and notes and any shooting body advice on what you need to disclose. Not disclosing relevent conditions could be fatal to your application and could land you in trouble. They will get details of any conditions that are relevent from your doctor so anything not disclosed will be discovered,

If you have a clean record, no medical conditions, good refs and are stable, there's no reason to suppose you won't get granted. If you don't, it doesn't necessarily mean you won't get granted, but it's not automatic.