Any electricians

So this afternoon the oven won’t turn on I have taken the oven out put it on a separate power supply it works I put a plug on the wire coming out the wall there’s power so it must be the switch but for some reason it is wired through two switches the only reason I can think is because the top is separate I’m now thinking of just putting one switch on is there any reason I shouldn’t any help is appreciated thanks 

CF3CBEF5-1EA0-4059-8997-EF5517E7CFD6.jpeg

70B57205-FBE3-45D1-AA32-DD248712DE84.jpeg

Get a sparky in , mate !

The hob looks like it's on a smaller amp circuit and the oven is on a higher amp circuit, that's why there's two switches.

Ovens are usually hard wired for safety.

As Walshie says, check the outlet fuses, or try changing the switch.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
9 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Get a sparky in , mate !

The hob looks like it's on a smaller amp circuit and the oven is on a higher amp circuit, that's why there's two switches.

Ovens are usually hard wired for safety.

As Walshie says, check the outlet fuses, or try changing the switch.

Cheers.

Yeh I tried the fuses first off they seem to just be normal switches nothing to alter the amps but that’s why I’m asking 

Have you got a multi meter ?

If so, put it on continuity, ISOLATE the power, and check the continuity across the switch.

Keep the hob and oven on two seperate supplies, if one or the other goes tits up, you still have one working ?

But , if I was you, I'd get an electrician to check it out, no disrespect , but you don't seem to be electrically inclined !

Be safe.

Cheers.

27 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Have you got a multi meter ?

If so, put it on continuity, ISOLATE the power, and check the continuity across the switch.

Keep the hob and oven on two seperate supplies, if one or the other goes tits up, you still have one working ?

But , if I was you, I'd get an electrician to check it out, no disrespect , but you don't seem to be electrically inclined !

Be safe.

Cheers.

No I’m no electrician just got half a idea but if common sense really I won’t do anything without checking with a electrician just can’t get hold of one tonight so thought I’d ask on here

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

From what I can see they are two different fuse connections each with inbuilt fuse .There is no problem linking  the switches ,just needs wiring properly 

Taking a plain switch off a fuse spur  would be the no no .

Yes they are linked that’s what threw me because I thought if they were different amps they wouldn’t be 

24 minutes ago, General lee said:

Yes they are linked that’s what threw me because I thought if they were different amps they wouldn’t be 

No because the amp is the draw from the product so they just need separate fuses to stop them pulling too much. 

Have you got a pic of the inside of the boxes?

Fuses protect the pugged in product from surge overload .Most house hold appliances are 13 amp ,kettles etc .Amps over the recommended fuse size for appliance  have potential to cause fires by burning out wiring .Fuses cut all electric to an appliance when blown .

Years past people to used to put a nail in house hold wire fuses which was the cause of many a house fire .Today’s micro breakers have all but eliminated that .