an online tourist in terms of hunting

Mainly here for more a broader understandig of running dogs, working lurchers, etc. and hopefully lots to read. 

Albeit my reading english skills are quite okay, my writing is not. That's why I try to stick to reading only. 

Pet Sighthound owner with a little experience in racing them, if that is if any interest. 

• Like 1

And why a hunting forum for someone who does not even hunt? (Guess, this might have risen the question if to give access to membership or not) 

Well, there is no tradition in hunting with sighthounds in german speaking countries due to hunting laws since like ever. 

But I strongly believe a better understanding of this type of dog comes with more understanding of hunting with them. 

Reading and "anti-hunting" training is everything I could do in a world where dogs able to catch game could even be classified as "dangerous dogs" if they ever do so. 

So pet and compagnion dog is the way to go (and mine do great) And maybe a day at the racetrack every now and then. 

But still I am fascinated of what this type of dog is or was capable of and want to get a broader picture of their being other than rescues and show dogs resting on a couch, wearing high end fashion collars and coats. 

Without any being pro or anti, just accepting the fact there is another world out there me an my dogs will never reach but my dogs do have a mind, that was formed by this. 

• 9 months later...