I recently used the 007, I couldn’t get on with the mounting position behind the scope, took me far too long just getting the picture, i would miss a lot of shots, I dare say it’s something I could adapt to IfI carried on using it, but it wasn’t for me, so got the 008 instead

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
5 minutes ago, Rabid said:

I recently used the 007, I couldn’t get on with the mounting position behind the scope, took me far too long just getting the picture, i would miss a lot of shots, I dare say it’s something I could adapt to IfI carried on using it, but it wasn’t for me, so got the 008 instead

Now that's thrown a spanner in the works but thanks for the honesty. 

Just now, Sausagedog said:

Now that's thrown a spanner in the works but thanks for the honesty. 

I find things like add ons a faff, always have, I am a bit stuck in my ways some might say, I don’t like the head position with the rear add on, just like I didn’t like the tv screen set ups, dedicated all day long for me, plenty get on with them (or put up with them and say nowt) but not me.

1 minute ago, Rabid said:

I find things like add ons a faff, always have, I am a bit stuck in my ways some might say, I don’t like the head position with the rear add on, just like I didn’t like the tv screen set ups, dedicated all day long for me, plenty get on with them (or put up with them and say nowt) but not me.

Well that's what concerned me the most. The loss of eye relief forcing a change in  mounting the rifle for a shot and consequently spoiling the handling....

ive pulled all the rubber eye caps off every nightvision I use so its not a problem getting eye relief, my mates do the same to!

the eye caps folded over on this so I can shoot wrong handed out the car window, I can get on shots without even being lined up with the scope as parallax is non existent with this one

834815CA-83F7-457E-890B-B8CE256BCE53_1_201_a.jpeg.230d401ec6d287c703650a8205b4f5cd.jpeg

8 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

If you fancy a trip down A50 you're welcome to come have a night out with me & my 008lrf Sausage

Thanks mate. Very kind of you.

I'll keep saving I think.

I'm torn to be honest. I've not got many fox's about at the moment but that could change.

I did want  to carry the rifle in the day a lot come spring and don't want to get another rifle specific to night work. I would be upset if the optics on the 008 left a lot to be desired!

36 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Thanks mate. Very kind of you.

I'll keep saving I think.

I'm torn to be honest. I've not got many fox's about at the moment but that could change.

I did want  to carry the rifle in the day a lot come spring and don't want to get another rifle specific to night work. I would be upset if the optics on the 008 left a lot to be desired!

It’s a lot of dough to be disappointed with, the best bet is find someone who has one to look through, not always easy to do, and not something I do very often, but wish I could.

if your ever this way your welcome to have a evening out with mine and see what you think.

• Like 1