Black spray rattle can window tinting..

1 hour ago, neil82 said:

if it`s not the sliders it will be the piston, might have to use a bit of heat to free of the sliding pins, many now slag off copper grease but if you service your motor yourself taking the time to do the brakes every year is nothing, if piston pump it out, give it a good clean/polish then refit using a liberal smear of red rubber grease, if it went into a garage the first thing would have been a new calliper, fitter now don`t know how to repair or service items anymore

I stripped both front callipers down a while ago mate.as the passenger side was sticking on.cleaned up both pins in each calliper and used some silicone grease on them and refitted.the calliper was still slightly sticking when parked up after an hour the wheel was free again.untill I used the brake pedal then the sticking started again.

So I thought the flexi hose had collapsed inside hence the pressure taking an hour to go from the pads..so I renewed both front flexis a few weeks back.but driving from the mot garage home today into neutral could feel it slowing down alot got home put my hand by the disc could feel the heat.so it must be the piston as you said.thats the only thing left it could be.i will take the pads out and pump the piston out a fair bit and have a look.it must be that white hard chalky type stuff has built up on the piston..

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2020 at 11:38, wilbur foxhound said:

Use emulsion it wil wash of when you need to take it off,remember to do the inside not the outside 

If he uses blackboard paint he’ll be able to chalk on it and keep scores as well ..?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 2 months later...
On 14/12/2020 at 19:16, sid g said:

have you done it..

Finally done it a few days ago sid..from the outside it looks spot on just like proper window tinting.

Inside the rear window looks nice and even and dead black.but the side windows from inside are looking patchy from outside it great..I used 3 rattle cans £9 in total.1 more can to finish off the inside side windows and it will be done..

1856385979_Screenshot_20210323-1031562.png.886057079117eebc0dbae8db2b125716.pngreceived_846862645895319.jpeg.897268d7da88320bc6d15e6f67ba88bc.jpegreceived_444640690201629.jpeg.b0de4a94d95bc4be2111551c1ccd6d00.jpeg

• Like 1
On 14/12/2020 at 09:45, twelsh said:

I use black paint on big back window and 2 side one that see into boot looks good from outside aswell n if u need to remove it comes off easy with stanley blade scrapers mate

That's a good tip mate.about using a stanley blade to clean the windows.

I was quite confident doing it because if it did turn out shit it could be easily removed using a blade like you mentioned.

Next plan is to put a led light in the rear boot and wire it up to the rear demister button on the dash.should be easy enough ?

3 hours ago, twelsh said:

Easy enought to do mate i painted mine black paint then after a good while waring thin so scraped it all off and did again looks mint from outside soesnt look as good inside tho lol but it does job ???

It's does look bang on from outside.. probably looking at £80/100 for proper tinting..bollocks to that lol.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/04/2021 at 15:39, Kalibrgun said:

Think I've a set of proper Suzuki blinds somewhere I had in mine years ago but I got some silver vinyl and vinyl them so it looked a little van. I'll see if I can find them 

if you could find them I would be interested in them mate ?