Black spray rattle can window tinting..

I'm thinking of trying the above to black out the back windows on the jimny.it would probably cost £80+ to get them proper tinted.but a rattle can would cost £5 it's only used for dogs etc. Has anyone attempted it before..

9 minutes ago, C.green said:

Just get stick on tints mate

I did buy a roll of it in the summer and tried and totally messed it up to be honest mate.and the little razor blade knife they supplied went very deep into my thumb lol.

So I'm thinking ah it's only a dog jeep I've removed the rear seats and plyed it out and dog guard in there.would spraying last and look half decent I would mask around the windows etc..

53 minutes ago, sid g said:

imo if you get it wrong it will look shit you know what rattle cans are like for getting it even  and getting runs ---- find a plan c 

I've watched a few videos today and spraying the windows doesn't look very good to be honest..

Just now, Gypsydog94 said:

At least you could remove to sell won’t look so bad as sprayed window 

It's a good idea mate fair play.just paint the ply black.ive got a bit of ply down the garage..

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

No more nails and brace them with a piece of timber between both to hold them till it sets. 

If I was a pro at cutting they would be a proper snug fit and hold themselves.i don't know of I can cut that good though ?

2 minutes ago, sid g said:

4 self tappers one each side one top n bottom will hold em in place or even small pegs cut from wood n wedged in  ..

Quite right mate.they wouldn't need much to hold them in place.

It passed the mot today.the front passenger side brake calliper is sticking on a bit.i will have to sort that out first then sort the windows..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, king said:

Quite right mate.they wouldn't need much to hold them in place.

It passed the mot today.the front passenger side brake calliper is sticking on a bit.i will have to sort that out first then sort the windows..

if it`s not the sliders it will be the piston, might have to use a bit of heat to free of the sliding pins, many now slag off copper grease but if you service your motor yourself taking the time to do the brakes every year is nothing, if piston pump it out, give it a good clean/polish then refit using a liberal smear of red rubber grease, if it went into a garage the first thing would have been a new calliper, fitter now don`t know how to repair or service items anymore

• Like 2