Ferreting Fred's part 2

7 minutes ago, troyboy17 said:

Don't u use collars on your ferret

Only in winter and sometimes when there is thick cover, not something we use often in Australia because most of the country we do is considered undiggable. I'm the only person I know that actually owns one, It is a little different here than the UK in a few ways, without being long winded or a detailed explanation lets just say we have adapted our method and breeding programs to accommodate our environment. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, troyboy17 said:

To be honest when opened that little compartment in your box I thought u pulled out some valcro  strips that I use on my collars because I can't do up the buckles arthritis in my fingers

Yes that is what you saw and what they are for.

I have Never used or owned ferret locators and being using ferrets for years. Never had to dig or even lost a ferret. I think it all comes down to how you treat your ferret as mine are treated more like pets and normally come back. I think if you are loyal to your ferrets they will be loyal to you. Just like a dog or any other pets. 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Guss33 said:

I have Never used or owned ferret locators and being using ferrets for years. Never had to dig or even lost a ferret. I think it all comes down to how you treat your ferret as mine are treated more like pets and normally come back. I think if you are loyal to your ferrets they will be loyal to you. Just like a dog or any other pets. 

Not sure about that, but one of the things myself and others in the game talk a lot about is breeding traits, one of the traits we look for and high on a priority list, is ferrets that don’t stay on the kill and retain their prey drive, these traits from our experience are somewhat hereditary and highly regarded. I think this has been going on for so long here that most of the stock available retain this trait and has become the norm. J.M.O

That is quite possible I didn't think of it. But when you see how my kids play with them you would think they were playing with little dogs on how they come to you when you call them. When I feed them I always make that bop bop noise but only when I feed them.