Fox numbers

Fair question and interesting answers but I think time of year has to factor in. I'm sure a 5 in August wouldn't get the same reaction as a 5 in December/January. I avoid lamping foxes as much as possible so nothing to write home about personally.

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

It’s not just me that finds farmers incapable of following even the most simple of instructions or requests . I honestly think that if they didn’t inherit their farms that most would have ended up on skid row .

Yep. I get very little help of the local egg units.  I asked several times for them to get me a red security light in an ideal spot to bait any visitors but no. I've been trying to get slinky two off the units but they aren't  fussed this time of year but if slinky two has cubs and comes calling in spring they'll be on the blower then!!

• Like 1

Mate ,if you think there’s just the one then think again .I’m amazed at the numbers must travel for miles to visit the sheds just to sample chicken .I been at my spot all night just watching and as one filters away another one does exact same route in and out followed by another and another .One slot in time dosnt quite cover the comings and going’s of a fox magnet like an organic chicken farm .

• Like 2
9 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

It’s not just me that finds farmers incapable of following even the most simple of instructions or requests . I honestly think that if they didn’t inherit their farms that most would have ended up on skid row .

Your not wrong ,Farmers that actually help themselves with any form of pest control are few and far between .

Trying to get one farmer to move a few bales at moment that I know are infested with rats .I mean infested ,next to his brewers grains pile but he ain’t interested .Just have to shoot them rather than terriers .

Ive got a unit on one farm that is now getting the attention of a commune of rats burying underneath to feed in his feed passage . Would be very easy to move it with his loader and extended forks but he hasn’t the time apparently .Strange how every time I’m there he’s indoors ,feet up ,lazy fecker .

Could go on but there tis .

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Mate ,if you think there’s just the one then think again .I’m amazed at the numbers must travel for miles to visit the sheds just to sample chicken .I been at my spot all night just watching and as one filters away another one does exact same route in and out followed by another and another .One slot in time dosnt quite cover the comings and going’s of a fox magnet like an organic chicken farm .

Think I need to be contacting some chicken farms ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Mate ,if you think there’s just the one then think again .I’m amazed at the numbers must travel for miles to visit the sheds just to sample chicken .I been at my spot all night just watching and as one filters away another one does exact same route in and out followed by another and another .One slot in time dosnt quite cover the comings and going’s of a fox magnet like an organic chicken farm 

Exactly this always makes me smile when you here it's a big dog taking hens or small vixen when it's probably half a dozen. With half as many following next week. I think a lot of people would be surprised the draw of a commercial chicken unit

• Like 4