Autistic kids

7 minutes ago, MH1 said:

I'd say the class system has pretty much gone. You're either born into land owning/big business etc types or you're working. Not so much upper, middle, working anymore. Probably a topic for another thread though.

Class/wealth/social standing has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to eat well, everyone in the world knows it.

Im just a common or garden guttersnipe but I have always eaten well, always cooked, taught my kids to cook.

I like fresh food and fresh ingredients and always have, I like a Chinese take a way or an Indian now and again too.

There are loads of parents in all different situations who have kids with Autism.....the link just simply isn’t there imho.

As I said before, there is always a conversation to be had about what we are being fed and how that relates to wider social impacts but it’s don’t relate to Autism.

• Like 5

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Animals are a gift for my lad mate, it relaxes him and he just likes being with them.  

One thing to remember is that autism is a huge spectrum disorder.  It hugely effects people in different ways , My little girl was diagnosed with an ASD and i wasnt happy about it. I thought they

I have a lad 13 and girl 9 with autism.Can identify with a lot of things in this thread.A lot of the time it’s a bloody struggle but they are your kids and you do all can to help them cope with their

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

I didn’t say parents of autistic kids will give their kids Red Bull ‘ but it’s part of the staple for lots of kids and pregnant mothers .

It cannot be good on any level going forward as they seem to be this generations Coca Cola so to speak.

But that is a whole other conversation isn’t it ?

3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

There is actually a underbelly nowdays you could argue ‘ that is below working class ?

Start another thread and I’d be happy to talk about it until the cows come home.

Max autism isn't a class thing the study i mentioned is just one of many being carried out and even though there's a lot of similarities with autistic people everyone is different no two are the exact same  if that makes sense and everyday is different and one little thing that happens can and does set there mindset for the day or days after 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regarding diets max my Mrs is very healthy has always eaten healthy and is fit my lad eats very healthy fish fruit veg etc and only drinks  tea typhoo tea bags or flavoured water Blackcurrant Apple won't entertain another flavour but that could change at any time it does cost fortune but as wilf said he would rather go hungry than eat or try something he doesn't want   you are born with autism max one study being carried out is is autism hereditary i don't think it is in my family's case but I couldn't say for sure but it is there in his mum's and that was one of the questions when he was being diagnosed 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, sid g said:

mates kid were brought  up on egg chips and beans now his grand kids are --- i think if it was anyone else askin instead of max might of got a better response not fighting his corner hes more than capable of doing that on his own  if you dont think its worth answering his questions then dont ,,takes more than one person to ruin a thread ....j

I am trying to answer maxs questions honestly sid but autism and autistic traits is a vast subject and each case will warrant a different answer to the same question the level of scientific research going in to autism is staggering 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Most working class don’t eat much fruit and veg ect never mind organic

Can't believe some of the things you come out with at times max..what a load of shit...

Tell me where do the old money folk get there fish from.is there a special sea somewhere that only the rich has access to that is 100% pollution free..

The same as there meat.are there special fields with huge domes over them and mutli million pound machines making the air pure inside.and special soil and grass...

Of course there ain't...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Class/wealth/social standing has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to eat well, everyone in the world knows it.

Im just a common or garden guttersnipe but I have always eaten well, always cooked, taught my kids to cook.

I like fresh food and fresh ingredients and always have, I like a Chinese take a way or an Indian now and again too.

There are loads of parents in all different situations who have kids with Autism.....the link just simply isn’t there imho.

As I said before, there is always a conversation to be had about what we are being fed and how that relates to wider social impacts but it’s don’t relate to Autism.

I've always had respect for your posts and views WILF but I've got to say I don't think max is trying to be antagonistic saying has, over time, the amount of chemicals in our food led in some part to the increase in things like autism. 

Nobody is suggesting that what a child eats is directly going to cause autism but perhaps there is a topic as to if, over several generations, and increase in some additives are leading to what appears to be an increase in autism. 

Wasn't there studies into if an mmr vaccine had an impact on autism in children or did I imagine that? 

I think it's a fair question to ask if there is an increase in autism or do we just recognise these things more, and if there is an increase then looking at what we are doing differently is a fair subject to bring up.....and so far I think everyone has been massively respectful and open to learning in this thread ????

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I've always had respect for your posts and views WILF but I've got to say I don't think max is trying to be antagonistic saying has, over time, the amount of chemicals in our food led in some part to the increase in things like autism. 

Nobody is suggesting that what a child eats is directly going to cause autism but perhaps there is a topic as to if, over several generations, and increase in some additives are leading to what appears to be an increase in autism. 

Wasn't there studies into if an mmr vaccine had an impact on autism in children or did I imagine that? 

I think it's a fair question to ask if there is an increase in autism or do we just recognise these things more, and if there is an increase then looking at what we are doing differently is a fair subject to bring up.....and so far I think everyone has been massively respectful and open to learning in this thread ????

I dont think he was trying to antagonise anyone either mate and I fully understand the point he is trying to make.

I also think it’s a fair question to ask, however where we diverge is when he frames it as a class/wealth/social thing.......I personally don’t think Autism or any other condition is a respecter of those boundaries.

As I said, I think there is a conversation to be had about how we are living as a society but the issues are much bigger than just trying to say “it’s that!” 

edited to add:

Re: MMR, now all my other kids had single vaccines but they wasn’t any left or at least not all of the various ones left when it came to my youngest.

So my youngest had MMR and he also has Autism......however, millions of other kids don’t have Autism and what does it help me to ponder that?

Its don’t help me and it don’t help my boy to wander around blaming MMR, there’s bundles of stuff more pressing to talk about that will massively effect his life and all kids lives, focusing on one small thing is rubbish imho ?

Edited by WILF
  • Like 6
6 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

What I’ve been trying to get at is Autism more prevelent now than in the past ?

If so there must be triggers and causes with best guess being it’s insecticides - pesticides ‘ air pollutants ‘ water pollutants and maybe even vaccines which apparently has been ruled out .

If it’s not a new phenomenon that means it’s always been part of the human genome and just another series of potential human traits ‘ characters ect .

Who knows but the higher end of the scale must be heartbreaking at times for parents and tough for those kids .

No one had heard of autism 30 years ago but we all knew say back then what was called  naughty kids or odd so I couldn't really tell you max university of Cambridge have a autism research centre and have detailed research on your questions max about pesticides ect they also have done a lot of research on neuroscience and genetics it's all online to read 

10 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Wilf your totally missing my point 

When I was asking if there were less autistic children in upper class I mean your real generation after generation old money types 

These types eat the best cuts of everything fed on the best of everything .

The best organic fruit and veg ect ect if you get my drift 

You don’t see many old money fat slob types .

They generally active healthy types .

All I was getting at is if there are less autism in that bracket of people maybe just maybe the type of food ‘water and Pop or lack of it ect could be a contributing factor along with where kids are brought up re busy roads ‘industrial areas that can cause a build up of heavy metals ect instead of clean air in the countryside ?

Maybe it takes a lot of factors environmentally and genetically to determine if any child is on the spectrum as they say and to how severely that will be .

?

Theres one thing If the questions are not asked and looked into they will never find  the answers .

I would say max there will be as many autistic kids born to wealthy parents as there born to work class  autism is classless as for there's not many money folk fat look at house of commons max or look at photo of  adays pheasant shoot at sandringham 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

I can just speak from the upper class sorts I mixed with re Old Yorkshire ect 

They were in a lot better nik all round in general to folk from the working class areas I knew.

And they def ate a better quality of food and kept well away from Macy’s D ect as a weekly staple 

Chemicals in food was only one of many  studies carried out max the research is on going  and to go for a long time if you look at Cambridge I mentioned it goes in to detail about the neurological side of autism and what may or may not cause it like I said max it's a mine field with a million answers to the same one question 

52 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Wilf your totally missing my point 

When I was asking if there were less autistic children in upper class I mean your real generation after generation old money types 

These types eat the best cuts of everything fed on the best of everything .

The best organic fruit and veg ect ect if you get my drift 

You don’t see many old money fat slob types .

They generally active healthy types .

All I was getting at is if there are less autism in that bracket of people maybe just maybe the type of food ‘water and Pop or lack of it ect could be a contributing factor along with where kids are brought up re busy roads ‘industrial areas that can cause a build up of heavy metals ect instead of clean air in the countryside ?

Maybe it takes a lot of factors environmentally and genetically to determine if any child is on the spectrum as they say and to how severely that will be .

?

Theres one thing If the questions are not asked and looked into they will never find  the answers .

Right, get ya ?

All I have studied is Endometriosis and as I said before the amount of chemicals in a woman’s body is frightening, naturally men will be the same.

I dont know if there is a proven link but I suspect proving anything would be hard and I’m not sure what you would win if you did prove something.

Personally I don’t dwell on the reason why my kids are autistic because it won’t change anything for them now.

They are both on the spectrum and our job as their parents is to help them to thrive as much as we can.Just as we do with our other kids(I have 6 of the little cherubs)

With regards to whether or not more kids are on the spectrum now than in the past it’s a distinct possibility but it may be that diagnosing autism has improved due to increased knowledge of it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1