Autistic kids

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Animals are a gift for my lad mate, it relaxes him and he just likes being with them.  

One thing to remember is that autism is a huge spectrum disorder.  It hugely effects people in different ways , My little girl was diagnosed with an ASD and i wasnt happy about it. I thought they

I have a lad 13 and girl 9 with autism.Can identify with a lot of things in this thread.A lot of the time it’s a bloody struggle but they are your kids and you do all can to help them cope with their

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

He seemed comfortable enough at my place, I would never in a million years of thought the lad was nothing but normal healthy young lad

Yea he was ok at yours mate.i was with him so he doesn't have to do anything really ?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Just when you think that the modern world has nothing to offer bar greed and hatred, and everything seems to have  gone to shit, someone comes along with a gesture as kind as this, that reminds you that all is not lost. DIDO.1, thank you so much. That means a lot to me, it really does. 

She's only going to be 2 so it might be year after, she's a house dog so going to get her neutered but will let her have a litter first. But when we do I'll try and remember and he can take his pick, honestly mate it would be my pleasure. 

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Have any of you lads got them weighted quilts my lad was struggling sleeping straight through now since we have got one he's going right through till 6 and dido a top offer buddy every credit to you your a gent 

Never heard of them mate.my gran used to put about 10 blankets on me as a kid.and tuck the edge under the mattress.you were immobilised ? 

2 minutes ago, king said:

Never heard of them mate.my gran used to put about 10 blankets on me as a kid.and tuck the edge under the mattress.you were immobilised ? 

They weight a ton mate look them up a lot of autistic kids use them there they say they reduce anxiety and stress because there sensory friendly 

2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

They weight a ton mate look them up a lot of autistic kids use them there they say they reduce anxiety and stress because there sensory friendly 

I will have a look.both our lads when little of we had to hold there arm by a road or something you had to grip them quite hard.of you griped them gently it would hurt them.weird mate...

2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Can get weighted aprons to ..

Its been a great read this thread folks. Ive got a 6 year old daughter who is just noise sensitive unless she's in charge of the noise. Don't mind the t.v being loud or her tablet etc just as long has shes turned it up.

Brought the misses a new car about 18 months ago and the one day on the way home from the kids swimming lessons stopped at the chippy and whilst in there the alarm went off on the car which upset my daughter, we had to battle with her ever since to go anywhere in the car as she just freaked out.  Brought a new one a few weeks ago and shes sound with that.

Moans about her brother and sister being too loud and hurting her ears and other noises in the house. She was upset outside the school because of a chap cutting his hedge with a petrol cutter, that was hurting her ears also.

Having read this I will be having a chat to the doctor about it. Her speech hasn't been the best despite alot of speech therapy.

3 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

Its been a great read this thread folks. Ive got a 6 year old daughter who is just noise sensitive unless she's in charge of the noise. Don't mind the t.v being loud or her tablet etc just as long has shes turned it up.

Brought the misses a new car about 18 months ago and the one day on the way home from the kids swimming lessons stopped at the chippy and whilst in there the alarm went off on the car which upset my daughter, we had to battle with her ever since to go anywhere in the car. Brought a new one a few weeks ago and shes sound with that.

Moans about her brother and sister being too loud and hurting her ears and other noises in the house. She was upset outside the school because of a chap cutting his hedge with a petrol cutter, that was hurting her ears also.

Having read this I will be having a chat to the doctor about it. Her speech hasn't been the best despite alot of speech therapy.

Have a word with him mate.see what he says.

4 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Chid I have many talents ?but speaking Russian isn't one of them ? 

?? Don't know what happened there lol was meant to be a link to the aprons lol so I edited with a screen shot of them instead ?

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

She's only going to be 2 so it might be year after, she's a house dog so going to get her neutered but will let her have a litter first. But when we do I'll try and remember and he can take his pick, honestly mate it would be my pleasure. 

I'm in Ireland lad, but the gesture really means a lot to me. You have a good heart