Autistic kids

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

She is spot on mate, obviously I grew up with her as we are nearly the same age.

Her brother (my nephew) is the same age as me and lives across the road From his dad with his family so it’s a comfort for my Brother that he is there.

My Brother is in his 70s and his health isn’t great so it must be a worry for him.

He wil worry mate.but her brother is keeping and eye on here. Can't fault him for living across the road.hes got her back no doubt about that.that will be a reasurance for your brother..

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Animals are a gift for my lad mate, it relaxes him and he just likes being with them.  

One thing to remember is that autism is a huge spectrum disorder.  It hugely effects people in different ways , My little girl was diagnosed with an ASD and i wasnt happy about it. I thought they

I have a lad 13 and girl 9 with autism.Can identify with a lot of things in this thread.A lot of the time it’s a bloody struggle but they are your kids and you do all can to help them cope with their

Posted Images

1 minute ago, WILF said:

@king & @Blackmag How are your lads for swimming ?

My little boy absolutely loves swimming, I think the sensory thing of being in the water is something that really benefits him

The first time he saw a pool he jumped straight in the deep end no sense of danger what so ever but he loves water he showers 4 or 5 times a day but he's a strong swimmer and enjoys it 

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

@king & @Blackmag How are your lads for swimming ?

My little boy absolutely loves swimming, I think the sensory thing of being in the water is something that really benefits him

They all love it aswell.ive had them in the rivers since they were nippers.once in can't get them out lol.

I bought a few of them diving masks and snorkel tube things.and a few body boards.

They would spend hours just laying on the body board face in the water staring at the trout. Sort him out with that set up for next summer mate.there must be a few nice pools with trout in he can watch.but don't forget a white wet t shirt on them or they will be sun burned bad as they won't move for hours lol.

2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

How does your lads do for  temper /anger wilf /king 

Oldest lad is chilled a bit.youngest savage temper on him.fires up instantly.hes allways said when I'm 18 I'm going to KO you when he's in a temper.so i got 4 years before ducking and diving ? 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Blackmag said:

How does your lads do for  temper /anger wilf /king 

Flys off the handle if folks wind him up mate.

Its good and bad really but his sisters and especially his big brother don’t really give him any special treatment which can’t hurt, his big brother will sometimes wind him up unmercifully.

But then you see them doing little things looking after him.

His oldest sister is a mum, his younger sister is pretty blunt with him and don’t give him many excuses which I actually think is good, his big brother gets tormented and torments him back but then you will see him helping him do that or that, fixing him food or drinks.

It’s a decent mixture for him and he has to try and control himself amongst that, I can see it paying dividends too as he is much better able to control his emotions than say 2 years ago.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, king said:

Oldest lad is chilled a bit.youngest savage temper on him.fires up instantly.hes allways said when I'm 18 I'm going to KO you when he's in a temper.so i got 4 years before ducking and diving ? 

Lucky you only joking buddy Tom's 13 6 ft and 12 a half stone and tries to ko me now in a melt down its like restraining a kid in a man's body but by feck he's strong he's no different from his sibling apart from his temper and wanting to ko me 

Edited by Blackmag
1 minute ago, Blackmag said:

Lucky you only joking buddy Tom's 13 6 ft and 12 a half stone and tries to ko me now in a melt down its like restraining a kid in a man's body but by feck he's strong he's no different from his sibling apart from his temper 

Christ you got your work cut out at times mate.hes got a bit of filling out yet aswell.keeps you on your toes though and fit at the same time lol.what can you do though ey just have a breather when it calms down.

15 minutes ago, king said:

Christ you got your work cut out at times mate.hes got a bit of filling out yet aswell.keeps you on your toes though and fit at the same time lol.what can you do though ey just have a breather when it calms down.

That's what I do both his brother's are 6 5 18 stone but I can say they have no were near were his temper levels are  but  both are fit lads but he's different in anger levels than the other 2 even though there handy lads  he_don't take any grief but he's different some how like I haven't seen before 

Edited by Blackmag
1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

That's what I do both his brother's are 6 5 18 stone but I can say they have no were near were his temper levels are  but  both are fit lads but he's different in anger levels than the other 2 even though there handy lads  he_don't take any grief but he's different some how like I haven't seen before 

You got some big lads there mate fair play.i bet they have had some rows with each other.

Fingers crossed he chills out as the years go by ?

We know a lad, incidentally called Tom, middle 20s met him several years back, he was a meeter and greeter/trolley collector at Asda.

Mad keen on buses, was telling the Mrs.that he got a new job as customer service advisor at the local bus company. He went for an interview and pretty much told them their full schedule and timetable for all the bus services in our area ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 3

My youngest lad was diagnosed at about 6 he 14 now we homeschool him as high school got a bit to much he doesn't like loud noises or big crowds but like other lads have said the things they can remember are amazing when he was younger we would get him new toys then try and get rid of his old ones no chance out of a bag of soldiers he would be like where's the one with a broken gun ??

• Like 2

This has been a nice thread for me to read through.

No autistic kids here [no kids whatsoever] but I was diagnosed as having high functioning autistim last year and my diagnosis has been a god send. 

Always been a bit kooky or eccentric in what I enjoy and found it overly hard in social situations growing up (still at 30, I'd say I've only 1 true friend). Large crowds still make me anxious as feck and I can be mad noise sensitive (something daft like the missus eating can wind me up chronic), but I've managed over the past 30yrs to find coping mechanisms for those situations, like looking in-between someone's eyebrows rather than their eyes when talking to them, or maneuvering the edge of the room at events etc. 

Personally speaking, it was a relief to get my diagnosis as I spent the 29yrs previous, genuinely thinking I was fecking mad and not quite of this world. I felt a little cheated that it had taken so long, but its enabled me to feel so much calmer in myself, especially when my emotions start to fracture as thats the thing I struggle with the most, either interpreting my own or another's emotions, and my reactions can sometimes been seen as aggressive or me having a short fuse, when really it boils down to utter confusion and panic. That said, now I understand it, i can explain to people that im not a cnut, I just truly struggle to empathise unless I've experienced it, and at least I have coping mechanisms for when it all goes belly up. 

Truthfully, my autism is a blessing. The lonely years at school and attempts at bullying only toughened me up and served me damn well in later life, my odd idiosyncrasies and sponge like brain mean I can talk to practically anyone about anything and at least have something to add and feel valued for, and although I can struggle massively sometimes, my day to day life is honestly enriched by knowing my view and perspective on the world is entirely my own.

I could waffle about autsim all day and there's so much more I could add, but I'll save y'all the drivel, haha. Having read the thread I can honestly say, you's have some lucky kids to have parents so undertanding!

• Like 10

very intresting thread this chaps...real nice to hear your experiences ....im the same as sid earlier in this thread i  dont really know much about it...

by the way chaps it might interest you to know that the guy that came runner up in the worlds strongest man this year Tom Stoltman from scotland is autistic ....number in two the world .....its  also widely believed that he will be number 1 in the next few years....and he holds the world record in the stone lifting....in fact he is so far ahead of anybody in the stones its frightening....

• Like 5

Food is another thing with him I have noticed he will only eat certain foods and he will smell it before eating and if he does try something new if he doesn't like the look of it he won't entertain it even without trying it first and will only drink out of one certain cup