Autistic kids

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Animals are a gift for my lad mate, it relaxes him and he just likes being with them.  

One thing to remember is that autism is a huge spectrum disorder.  It hugely effects people in different ways , My little girl was diagnosed with an ASD and i wasnt happy about it. I thought they

I have a lad 13 and girl 9 with autism.Can identify with a lot of things in this thread.A lot of the time it’s a bloody struggle but they are your kids and you do all can to help them cope with their

Posted Images

My daughter is on the spectrum.Super high achieving at school which is great considering we wernt sure if she'd be able to go to a mainstream school when she was little.Can be a bit socially awkward and within herself.Takes everything we tell her literally and cant get her head around somebody doing something that weve told her isnt right.Also everything has to go in its place almost a bit ocd.Cant go to toilet anywhere apart from home and will hold it all day which she has done since she was a toddler.Funny how someone mentioned lining things up as when she was a toddler she would line stuff up and if one thing was slightly twisted she would have to mess the whole lot up and start again rather than just straighten the one thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, downsouth said:

My daughter is on the spectrum.Super high achieving at school which is great considering we wernt sure if she'd be able to go to a mainstream school when she was little.Can be a bit socially awkward and within herself.Takes everything we tell her literally and cant get her head around somebody doing something that weve told her isnt right.Also everything has to go in its place almost a bit ocd.Cant go to toilet anywhere apart from home and will hold it all day which she has done since she was a toddler.Funny how someone mentioned lining things up as when she was a toddler she would line stuff up and if one thing was slightly twisted she would have to mess the whole lot up and start again rather than just straighten the one thing.

Same as buddy with the toilet and lining stuff up my lad doesn't like to socialize face to face and likes his own company and way of doing things 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Francie said:

Hes loving all the lights king haha

Asking why I haven't me lights up yet lol

A lot of kids love lights francie it's a fascination to them we had a lamp that shone all different colours on his ceiling it helped him sleep but noise can be a massive no no for a lot of autistic kids 

3 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Same as buddy with the toilet and lining stuff up my lad doesn't like to socialize face to face and likes his own company and way of doing things 

My girl is ok when she gets to know people but has her own group of friends and takes a while to trust people and is very awkward if even her best friends try to hug her.Most people dont even realise that she is autistic and just think shes shy unless they spend a bit of time around her and get to see her little quirks.She had a real rough time going back to school after the lockdown it was almost like starting all over again.Also she cant understand why kids can be nasty or mean as weve taught her to always be nice and treat people how you like to be treated and like I already said she takes everything we say as gospel so cant get her head around why somebody would do something different.She cant lie to us and if she tries she will come back a minute later upset and tell the truth.Its sweet but we have to be careful with what we say to her as there is no changing things or moving the goalposts once weve said it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

A lot of kids love lights francie it's a fascination to them we had a lamp that shone all different colours on his ceiling it helped him sleep but noise can be a massive no no for a lot of autistic kids 

Oh yeah I forgot the noise thing???

• Like 1

Little girl  on the spectrum lives by me ,absolute delight spending time with her and having a chat ,loves the dogs and is interested in all sorts  of things ,doesn't get my humour sometimes and has to ask if I'm serious ,she is eight and I have had proper in-depth chats with her on all sorts of subjects ,beautiful kid .

• Like 6

Knew someone years ago when was younger who was mad for horse racing. He would look in the paper looking at all the horses and the odds and time of race. Uncle would ask him if such and such horse was racing his reply would be yeah in the open 2:15 at 10/1 when I looked last. Mental how they remember things 

35 minutes ago, WILF said:

I was just saying on the other thread a thing my boy does is watch 2 programmes and design worlds in mine craft all at once and he won’t have missed a single thing in either programme and has designed houses and barns and countries and people dancing and all sorts all at the same time.

They are like sponges mate huge amounts of information just flooding in.

Your lad must be able to concentrate on mine craft and he listening to the programme and he's processing both at the same time..

Does he avoid eye contact as much as possible mate.

9 minutes ago, WILF said:

Animals are a gift for my lad mate, it relaxes him and he just likes being with them.

B105C5BE-3B16-4CA2-864F-FEF60E97343B.jpeg.b24c7381b1b1728a1ee4a44a4a287b7a.jpeg

A1FB089F-9EA4-4E1B-A953-0F9D223730F7.jpeg.1315792451167f424ab2912be5eee72f.jpeg722DBCEF-6B63-4C98-B19F-76983C2BD364.jpeg.ffd6790c754d27830224f7273d95e5dc.jpeg

770CD840-707C-4977-BB57-9EA317EFBFD6.jpeg.2c61ece8ae1693396b4c9a67c3bb72ab.jpeg

Out of likes mate  but great photos them  my lad comes with me to one of my perms he likes feeding Winston the bull goes collecting eggs then feeds spot the boar and when he's done that in that order he takes shep for a mooch to check on the sheep Billy the farmer buzzes of him they talk about everything from price of cattle to tractors he even does a few days helping out 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Thanks 1

I reckon I'd maybe be on the spectrum if I got tested for a few different reasons.. but who knows 

Some one said about number plates ..I could remember number plates of customers cars and knew what they'd be getting soon as I seen the number plate in the car park .

I'm extremely switched on if something interests me .. to the point I become almost manic searching for information about the said thing .

I also have a good attention to detail on remembering things to the point I could tell you what colour jumper you had on 7 years ago ??

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, Francie said:

Hes loving all the lights king haha

Asking why I haven't me lights up yet lol

Lol you will have to sort them out for him mate. The wife bought a few of them led lightbulbs for the ceiling light in the lads rooms they got the curtains constantly closed and a little remote to change the colour of the light.he might have 1 if not get him 1 mate.he. Will love that..