Not really the weather for it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No it don’t , lol ?  good shooting Dave and a nice write up  atb 

Nice write up . And a good result. ? It would be a lot easier if I could just give you a like though instead of having to type this lot out .?

Well last night was a nightmare .I’m putting it down to being tired but missed two foxes that should of been brown bread .First admittedly was on the move walking towards me ,very close before I saw i

Posted Images

A few years ago i could have said the same about Notts,but there now showing all over my area unfortunately my wooded shoot owner doesn't want them shooting and the rest of my land is open farm land, got a shooting Permit for N Trust but again only farmland no deer shooting, Boar will be next as they works there way up north. 

On 03/12/2020 at 14:32, walshie said:

. He lit it up, I took the shot and it went down, but then got up running in circles, despite the heart/lung shot. I put another in it, but instead  of being lights out, it sat up staring at us, requiring another. I had similar to this December time last year. Ii wonder if in the mating season they are so pumped up on hormones they become robofoxes?

Hormones:  yep I've seen that. Sometimes had them run and thought that I'd missed.  Me miss.? Next morning the dogs found out in the next field. I've  even seen them run with ALL of their body contents dragging along the ground.  once I shoot a rabbit with an air rifle.  The pellet hit it in the bib and it exited out in the small of the back hitting the ground behind.  The rabbit took off at the speed of light right across the field 150 paces. Under a gate,  Across an ash track through a wire fence and dissapeared into the corn.  I knew it had been hit hard and knew where it had dissapeared. I put the dog into the corn by the post where it had gone into the corn.  The dog picked the rabbit within a yard. On paunching the liver was all mushed and all of its blood was in the body cavity. I'm sure that this running distance was caused by hormone pump up.

Shortly after that, my lightforce blew either a bulb or the wiring - I'll have to check later, so we were stuck with the cordless lamp with much less range, but at least we didn't have to go home.

.......... One night when two up on a quad we were using a big handheld lamp.  We were sitting on the cable.  Somehow the cable shorted out and the whole lot went red hot immediately. !!!  It aint much fun sitting on a red hot wire melting through the plastic leggings, the jeans and the thigh.   You've never seèn a quad stop as quick and two blokes get off jumping about.    The cable was F'd and we had to run to base and recable it because we didn't have a lamp available.  An hour lost but we did get back out again. .......

Still beats Eastenders though. 

On 03/12/2020 at 18:50, hambone said:

Was that with ballistic tips? I have had similar using softpoints as they sometimes just go through without doing enough damage.

I had pass through when the velocity wasn't high enough to make the bullet set up on soft tissue.

Edited by Meece