I agree what some have said it's up to the lad how he spends his hard earned money and it's only friendly piss taking from me which he gives me some back. It could be worse in the fact he could be spending his money on cocaine and will see feck all for his money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck to the young lad, if that’s what he wants to iron his money out on and it makes him happy. We all sound like a right load of old b*****ds, I find myself doing it with my kids and then I

Problem is the youngster now are starting on a unskilled wage at 18 not far off that of blokes in their 60's couple that with the fact they usually stay at home paying peanuts it means their disposabl

I’m they same. People i grew up with moaning they can’t afford a house and say I must earn good money to afford it. But they also forget I was driving round in a £300 banger what was bought and paid.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

I agree what some have said it's up to the lad how he spends his hard earned money and it's only friendly piss taking from me which he gives me some back. It could be worse in the fact he could be spending his money on cocaine and will see feck all for his money. 

I agree its up to him what he spends his money on 

But its a horrible looking hat ?

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Yeah of course it’s only a hat. I mean we all treat ourselves to bollocks. The lad might otherwise live in rags and be 15k towards a house or be paying for education or have f***ing trust fund or whatever. This ain’t really about him and his hat, LOL. I just think we’re quick to blame the government for all our woes and totally absolve ourselves of any responsibility. ‘The hat’ just seems symptomatic of general bad attitudes. Ffs I’ve got a younger colleague who drives a brand new Tesla and tells us how he can’t afford a f***ing house! You’ve got lads driving about like the CEO of a FTSE100 company living with the ‘rents till they start to feel like a bit of a looser and then get stuck in the rent bubble out of desperation.

Another time and another thread and we’ll be tearing the government to bits for putting us in chains.

Id not be giving him a hard time in person, it’s just a throwaway comment on a thread about no one really.

It goes back to the sheeple thing and government leading generations in the direction they want them to go, otherwise it would be as easy to get a mortgage as it is a new car, but it’s not because it’s not in the financial interests of the puppet masters, Maggie done a very clever thing with the right to buy scheme by burdening everyone with a mortgage to get them out of social housing and off the dole, but within a generation we were earning to much money in property and leaving to much to our dependants, which  was making them less state dependant, and ever since then governments have been slowly moving the goal posts year on year to discourage and make it more difficult for your generation to get a foothold in the property market but much easier to get everything there heart desires on finance to keep them in there shitty existence working until they die and barely have enough money left at the end to pay for a funeral, sadly you are looking outside the box and will probably end up a sad peso mystic old man like me one day with a shit hat ✌️✌️

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Welsh_red said:

I agree its up to him what he spends his money on 

But its a horrible looking hat ?

I told him he looked like a magic mushroom in it ? . I heard him saying the other day to one of the other lads were's that old feker he his a great lad tbh and some one you would not be to worried about if your daughter walked through the door with him.

40 minutes ago, twelsh said:

I bet half designer hats jackets stuff from manchester warehouse ???????

Its the real deal his wool hat i found the wool harsh and he reckons it makes his head itch so i said give it me then.? He is going to look at the paperwork to see what wool it is it says on the Ebay advert virgin wool feck knows what that means.

10 hours ago, WILF said:

It’s like this, you don’t get to rump the life out of a tidy little sort by saying look at my M&S joggers and telling them about your trust fund for uni ! Lol ? ? 

So wear a funny £100 hat with a shark on it =smash the granny out of some sort and (hopefully) never see her again.

Or M&S joggers and uni fund = future wife material............difficult choice ?   

And who keeps getting a email update from ebay asking if they are still interested in buy a Paul & Shark beanie since they clicked on the link ? My misses saw it on my phone and said what the hell you looking at spending a £100 on a hat for............guess I know what choice I made, now where's me M&S joggers  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

When £10 gets you the hat of your dreams( actually £6 when I bought it) just how much pleasure must a £100 hat give ??

14EE1578-19C7-4FA1-94A6-0B2E679BC1FE.jpeg

BE3C5110-54E7-439D-8F5A-37FC15B02BF9.jpeg

Oldest Daughter bought me one for last Christmas with a light that you charge through a laptop it comes in handy in these dark mornings.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

Its the real deal his wool hat i found the wool harsh and he reckons it makes his head itch so i said give it me then.? He is going to look at the paperwork to see what wool it is it says on the Ebay advert virgin wool feck knows what that means.

Word smiths write adds mate to fool people silly enough to pay £100 for a hat, as wool does not have sex it’s virginity can only be  the fact it’s not been used to knit a hat before, still cost a quid to make in China ✌️

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

So wear a funny £100 hat with a shark on it =smash the granny out of some sort and (hopefully) never see her again.

Or M&S joggers and uni fund = future wife material............difficult choice ?   

And who keeps getting a email update from ebay asking if they are still interested in buy a Paul & Shark beanie since they clicked on the link ? My misses saw it on my phone and said what the hell you looking at spending a £100 on a hat for............guess I know what choice I made, now where's me M&S joggers  ?

Might ask my missis to buy me one for my 60th birthday in January ? I think she would have me sectioned under the mental health act though if i did.?

• Haha 2
45 minutes ago, Greyman said:

It goes back to the sheeple thing and government leading generations in the direction they want them to go, otherwise it would be as easy to get a mortgage as it is a new car, but it’s not because it’s not in the financial interests of the puppet masters, Maggie done a very clever thing with the right to buy scheme by burdening everyone with a mortgage to get them out of social housing and off the dole, but within a generation we were earning to much money in property and leaving to much to our dependants, which  was making them less state dependant, and ever since then governments have been slowly moving the goal posts year on year to discourage and make it more difficult for your generation to get a foothold in the property market but much easier to get everything there heart desires on finance to keep them in there shitty existence working until they die and barely have enough money left at the end to pay for a funeral, sadly you are looking outside the box and will probably end up a sad peso mystic old man like me one day with a shit hat ✌️✌️

I agree there's a lot of responsibility so I don't want to absolve the government either mate, but I'm just a bit sick of everyone blaming the government for all that's wrong meanwhile they'll happily choose to walk down that path ignorant of the destination. I want more freedom and responsibility but so long as society encourages the opposite we'll wilfully continue down the path moaning about the scenery and who built it.

I personally think Thatcher's housing policy was in the right direction, take the responsibility out of the hands of the government and tax payer and put it into the hands of the individual. The fatal policy imo that affects housing is this idea of driving economic growth with population growth, i.e immigration, which obviously increases housing demand. It's unsustainable and the only solution is collapse once there's no land left to put flats on.

I used to be bitter about politics, now I just accept it and move forward. It's just nice to have a chat about shit now and again. :thumbs:

All that from a poxy f***ing hat! :laugh:

• Like 3
23 hours ago, sid g said:

it was in reference to a 350 quid puffa jacket not a hat -- i guess the youngs uns would take the piss out of us spending good money on hunting gear 

True mate and i dare not tell the lad i have not long since spent £35 on a catapult or i would get the piss ripped out of me?

• Like 1

Reading all this put me in mind of that famous George Best story where he was in Las Vegas in a good suite at a top hotel, he ordered room service and he was in bed with Miss World.

The waiter came up to the room and there is George, a load of empty bottles of champagne and a naked Miss World in bed with him and the waiter says “Mr Best, where did it all go wrong ?” Lol 

• Haha 4
23 minutes ago, WILF said:

Reading all this put me in mind of that famous George Best story where he was in Las Vegas in a good suite at a top hotel, he ordered room service and he was in bed with Miss World.

The waiter came up to the room and there is George, a load of empty bottles of champagne and a naked Miss World in bed with him and the waiter says “Mr Best, where did it all go wrong ?” Lol 

Reminds me about an interview with him been asked where all his money went, ‘booze and women‘ ‘I wasted the rest’ was his reply ?

• Haha 1