Running *Pup* Maintainence

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning folks. I've spent the past 2 days patiently waiting my copy of Running Dog Maintenance by Penny Taylor, to turn up, but the posty is killing me! I'm sure I could wait the couple of d

Get some raw into it?

boys I know put that up their noses on a weekend ?I don't go out shagging or drinking, I don't waste money following football teams, don't drive flash motors, always dressed like a tramp?save for what

Posted Images

Had myself an early night and seems as though I missed handbags at dawn ;)

Just wanted to thank each of ya, as I appreciate each and every one of your responses.

For breakfast this morning, Fiadh is getting a bit of beef mince and an egg thrown in with her kibble. If she doesn't like it, I'll just lean in close and whisper "pdsa", haha...

If you weren't sure, thats a joke btw :)

13 hours ago, Black neck said:

Oh your never be any good wi that attitude 

The man penda on here can't even post at present as he's knocking up a beef Wellington for his hounds 

I've just finished it mate mine like a light chardenaux followed by a steamed pair and an after 8 mint ?

My dogs get a mixed bag varies from sprats,red meat,tripe,venison when I can get it,bones,eggs,brown bread,sometimes table scraps if my Mrs decides to have a mood swing at me and of course a complete dry food 

IMG_20180225_100734_214.jpg.05f264aeb6656e6b87070aba282f33f4.jpgIMG_20180119_143605_551.jpg.ae33a83ec55049a82f6935ebd5d5bf6e.jpg

Handy little graph at the top.. If its just the one dog your running then hit the bargain isle in the supermarket for the deals... Or find a tidy stockist of Raw feeds(delivered to your door) .. Cost me around £55 per month to feed 2 runners and 5 terriers, I give them plenty of oily fish, salmon heads, trimmings, anything they knockover and fresh road kill??

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

IMG_20180225_100734_214.jpg.05f264aeb6656e6b87070aba282f33f4.jpgIMG_20180119_143605_551.jpg.ae33a83ec55049a82f6935ebd5d5bf6e.jpg

Handy little graph at the top.. If its just the one dog your running then hit the bargain isle in the supermarket for the deals... Or find a tidy stockist of Raw feeds(delivered to your door) .. Cost me around £55 per month to feed 2 runners and 5 terriers, I give them plenty of oily fish, salmon heads, trimmings, anything they knockover and fresh road kill??

well break that down mate over a year , if you keep to the above meat/fish etc, near enough £ 700 quid  a year . bit of venison few rabbits, hares  would help cut down your bill even further . my dogs on 24% protein  burgess active dog , and 1lb raw mince chicken a day plus any other meat i get mooching about with dogs,  still got few pieces in freezer to top up with  lol . raw mince chicken  £ 56 quid  100  lb bags , every fookin thing going up now, keeping dogs pet or working dogs not cheep today .:(

19 hours ago, poxon said:

Cheers d there eat a bit but not keen on if you offer a big chunk of lung in there bowl but makes sense mincing them up might need to buy a mincer I do get the odd end of life breeding ewe from time to time that’s died I butcher them for my dogs rather than the owner paying the hunt to collect them might just save the lungs up an mince them if I have a old mutton ewe this year if not I’ll mince them with whole rabbit 

Make haggis from them Poxon. Millions of Scots can't be wrong............

• Like 1
18 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Mine have had every bit of every farm animal in it’s bowl and some point and the only thing they both wouldn’t touch is duck. The thing that surprised me was how much they liked raw beef wind pipe.its just boney gristle.

Think they like to chew stuff sometimes. Do they like that 2 inch wide white Tendon type stuff? Mine love that.

48 minutes ago, bird said:

well break that down mate over a year , if you keep to the above meat/fish etc, near enough £ 700 quid  a year . bit of venison few rabbits, hares  would help cut down your bill even further . my dogs on 24% protein  burgess active dog , and 1lb raw mince chicken a day plus any other meat i get mooching about with dogs,  still got few pieces in freezer to top up with  lol . raw mince chicken  £ 56 quid  100  lb bags , every fookin thing going up now, keeping dogs pet or working dogs not cheep today .:(

boys I know put that up their noses on a weekend ?I don't go out shagging or drinking, I don't waste money following football teams, don't drive flash motors, always dressed like a tramp?save for what I want and pay cash.. My only interests are my  dogs, fishing and my kids... I have access to fresh meat and fish, but this yr with all this Covid shit I can't get to where I need to go... ?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Think they like to chew stuff sometimes. Do they like that 2 inch wide white Tendon type stuff? Mine love that.

What,paddywhack.? Yes but it doesn’t last long though.I actually try and find  bit’s of animals that they won’t eat.duck and whole mackerel is all I’ve found so far.

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

boys I know put that up their noses on a weekend ?I don't go out shagging or drinking, I don't waste money following football teams, don't drive flash motors, always dressed like a tramp?save for what I want and pay cash.. My only interests are my  dogs, fishing and my kids... I have access to fresh meat and fish, but this yr with all this Covid shit I can't get to where I need to go... ?

fair play mate, carnt knock you  for that above, me dont smoke, only drink couple cans lager on sat night watching my football team WOLVES , if i got any money and that aint alot lol, goes on my son and grandkids, so bit similar in some ways .:thumbs:

10 minutes ago, bird said:

fair play mate, carnt knock you  for that above, me dont smoke, only drink couple cans lager on sat night watching my football team WOLVES , if i got any money and that aint alot lol, goes on my son and grandkids, so bit similar in some ways .:thumbs:

I see Mike Bailey got dementia now there all getting it from that era must avin been from them heaven laced balls ?