Buffalo, montane and army smock

On 29/11/2020 at 19:02, Shortstraw said:

Wasn’t aware of any of the above until recently. Tend to ware a t shirt, something warm with a zip and a goretex army jacket.

Can I have your personal accounts of any of the above, including the style of above brand and what you use it for....and if you rate it.

I just mooch about in the daytime, woods, fields  and moorland. Tends to be for an hour or two, just walking slow stopping once or twice for a cuppa from my flask. I also carry a rucksack.

I was considering buying a buffalo.....they do a few similar, but different designs and was wondering which would suit me best hence wondering what you have found.

I believe the buffalo active is very similar to the army smock....the army smock been considerably cheaper.

I like the look of the buffalo long mountain coat, all the pertex outer pile lined gear is designed to be worn without anything under so the pile draws water or sweat from your skin, I've got a Montane extreme smock its top notch for cold winter over the windy land

• Like 2

22 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

I like the look of the buffalo long mountain coat, all the pertex outer pile lined gear is designed to be worn without anything under so the pile draws water or sweat from your skin, I've got a Montane extreme smock its top notch for cold winter over the windy land

I think that's my problem. It rarely gets cold enough for me to need that much warmth, even in winter, in the south east. I wear a summer jacket most of the year. I heard a report during the week that claimed that there'd be no more snow in winter in the south east within twenty years because of climate change.

• 1 month later...

Anyone familiar with these??

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Woodsman Anorak jacket is made of DuraCanvas® - the fabrics more suitable for outdoor and camping. The whole jacket is highly wind resistant. Woodsman anorak has three pockets, including one...

Thinking of taking punt on one.

Hardly any uk stocks of these now it seems.. they're holding onto the stocks themselves and selling direct, but you get stung  tenner for postage!!

Not the greatest review here.. but good enough to get the gist.

21 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Anyone familiar with these??

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Woodsman Anorak jacket is made of DuraCanvas® - the fabrics more suitable for outdoor and camping. The whole jacket is highly wind resistant. Woodsman anorak has three pockets, including one...

Thinking of taking punt on one.

Hardly any uk stocks of these now it seems.. they're holding onto the stocks themselves and selling direct, but you get stung  tenner for postage!!

Not the greatest review here.. but good enough to get the gist.

Yep, you’re right, crap review unfortunately and his anorak was too tight 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
On 01/12/2020 at 21:18, FLATTOP said:

Spot on they are mega hot once you do any sort of exertion I stupidly tried to climb Pen Y Fan in mine it was off in no time on the Storey arms route which is quite a steep effort I ended up at the top in just a thermal layer in -5/8 winds I was boiling lol...

I’ve got a nice pair of Army issue oil resistant dungarees which are 100% waterproof little bit noisy though when your sneaking about.

Up the fan in a full softie suit , are you actually mental?? 

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Up the fan in a full softie suit , are you actually mental?? 

Montane Extreme it was a cold day it was off in half a mile straight into my rucksack got to the top -5 I was boiling and yeh i have been called mental on occasions.

Montane are great bits of kit BUT best worn next to skin or with a very light, wicking top underneith.

It's only a pertex outer layer too, so dont go bramble bashing in one but for a good yomp on a cold day, they are spot on... ?