Telemetry

Bobob

9 hours ago, Bobob said:

Hi, I'm wondering what my cheapest option is really? I'm not in a position to be spending 5 6 hundred pounds at the minute but will if I have to. I've seen GPS trackers which link to your phone, are they any good? Cheers

Don't waste your money, not suitable for bop's.

Its worth buying the best that you can afford telemetry is one of those things once you've got it you've got it. 

Money well invested after you put the time into your hawk. 

13 hours ago, Bobob said:

Hi, I'm wondering what my cheapest option is really? I'm not in a position to be spending 5 6 hundred pounds at the minute but will if I have to. I've seen GPS trackers which link to your phone, are they any good? Cheers

Get a second hand set of eBay 3/400 

how I look at it is this , if you lose your bird and have to buy a new one you’ve just spent the same amount of money ,

people say u can fly a Harris without one but if it gets up on a soar or in a big wood then it’s gone , 

live used my telemetry 5/6 times in 2 seasons and can honestly say if I didn't have it she would been gone 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Bobob said:

Been looking at this one and Xavier recommends the rts mini full kit.

You want the RS4 for a hawk it's the latest one out I have been giving him feedback on it . Its unbelievable the battery on it is on 100% after 6 hours in the field if you use it properly. 

2 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

You want the RS4 for a hawk it's the latest one out I have been giving him feedback on it . Its unbelievable the battery on it is on 100% after 6 hours in the field if you use it properly. 

We've moved on since the Harris hawks? we've got a gyr/perrigrine and a gyr/saker arriving next week. They do look incredible, the information alone that you get from is amazing.

11 hours ago, Bobob said:

We've moved on since the Harris hawks? we've got a gyr/perrigrine and a gyr/saker arriving next week. They do look incredible, the information alone that you get from is amazing.

In that case you want the rts mini full kit.

That's a bit of a jump for a first bird, you definitely need the microsensory gps system with a longwing. 

Checkout my crow hawking thread.

You will definitely be giving your telemetry skills a good workout.

Edited by Moorman 1