Well that went wrong!

Well done, your getting onto them now ?

I was out on some new ground after a deer or two and saw 7 foxes in less than 2 hours, I wasn’t after them but one ambled across the field in front of me brazen as you like, 81 yards it stopped to look at me, that was a mistake.

Am thinking I would like to get the numbers down on this ground, so may put in some effort over the next week or two.

FA3AC2A0-63C2-4ABA-AD44-9DDB06EC8D06.jpeg

• Like 5

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If there is one thing I hate its snow! If there is one thing I love hunting in its snow! As you know I've been feeding a fox. Think my trail cam just packed up but the fox had taken a p

Went and checked the stink pit where I dropped a dozen squirrels yesterday  and every one had gone! I left another and after a good scan around headed back to the car. On the way I heard a fox ba

Did somebody say NV? 

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Quite pleased with the mouse gun as well...its doing alright ?

I'm struggling to find 20gr for mine. Out with it tomorrow night though. But put in variation today.... 

43 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Still keep HMR too. Just want something with bit more put down, bit further distance, without losing the flat trajectory. 

I picked up a .204 few days back ben, been looking for a cheap to reload for vermin basher... had a .223 but never really took to it so it went!

zeroed it at 150yrd other day with pard on, was that bright I had to put a bit of a shade up to see target got it in right field within a few shots patched target then made a final tweak after the high shot.. thought that'll do for me!

67749FC0-4C40-4625-A235-C9DABCA62D40.jpeg.ca6a154e99177dfea896ba4fd2a71dfc.jpeg045187CD-7065-4BDA-9F65-BC8F405D9411.jpeg.ac43c1b85b8e22cee28d2e6afbd4bb3a.jpeg

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, si brown said:

I picked up a .204 few days back ben, been looking for a cheap to reload for vermin basher... had a .223 but never really took to it so it went!

zeroed it at 150yrd other day with pard on, was that bright I had to put a bit of a shade up to see target got it in right field within a few shots patched target then made a final tweak after the high shot.. thought that'll do for me!

67749FC0-4C40-4625-A235-C9DABCA62D40.jpeg.ca6a154e99177dfea896ba4fd2a71dfc.jpeg045187CD-7065-4BDA-9F65-BC8F405D9411.jpeg.ac43c1b85b8e22cee28d2e6afbd4bb3a.jpeg

What rifle? And is that the 008?

9 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

What rifle? And is that the 008?

its a tikka super varmint sd, its a 20" witch ticked the shooting out of the window box.. I know the gun as I was in the shop when it was getting put together, it only had 32 shots through it before I got it  ?

25F8C7F9-3EEC-4CC8-B234-7A55FDB7A455_1_201_a.jpeg.9aae93e0fdb9c3b5fdca1cbd40eec0f4.jpeg

put the pard 008 on it, I can swap it about easily.. wanted a vermin basher cos I never use nv on the .6.5 as I like using a real scope on that rifle!

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I like the idea of 40gn in 5mm. They will give a good bc.

How much are the Fiocchi?

they were £59 for 50, I got them thrown in with the gun.. the bloke bought two boxes with it so ive got bout 70 to reload with!

should of started a different thread sd, ill do one once I do something meaningful with it ?

like you I was out in the cold the other night.. It wasn't much fun so only gave it a couple of hours!

I was up on the moors that were like a swamp that was half frozen, only had a fleeting glimpse of one in-between the sheep and it was gone before I knew it:censored:

could hear them barking in the distance but non were playing so it was an early bath night. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, si brown said:

they were £59 for 50, I got them thrown in with the gun.. the bloke bought two boxes with it so ive got bout 70 to reload with!

should of started a different thread sd, ill do one once I do something meaningful with it ?

like you I was out in the cold the other night.. It wasn't much fun so only gave it a couple of hours!

I was up on the moors that were like a swamp that was half frozen, only had a fleeting glimpse of one in-between the sheep and it was gone before I knew it:censored:

could hear them barking in the distance but non were playing so it was an early bath night. 

£59 ?. How things have gone up!

Mind you it gives a good return.

• Haha 1