3/4Grey Crosses

Just about any lurcher is good enough for rabbits I find you limit your self more in finding one when you want say a genuine 3quarter greyhound collie or a f1 beddy or collie greyhound as these types of crosses not many people use them these days the people that used to use genuine 1/2 breds or 1/4 breds have moved on or bred on they just breed lurcher to lurcher or worker to worker your probably be better of keeping a open mine an go for a Lurcher to Lurcher bred with a drop of a few bits an bobs in its breeding long as it’s predominantly racey bred ie heavy sight hound blooded your not go far wrong...hope someone off here offers/sorts you out something fella gotta be better than having your pants pulled down with a 2k price tag 

• Like 2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I looked for ages for a 3/4 bred couldn’t find one years ago I waited an waited it never happened I didn’t fancy going to Hancock to get one I bought this bitch in the end she’s about 1/16 collie (Han

3/4 by Taffy

This was "Molly" 3/4 greyhound  1/4 beardie, best allround bitch I've ever had, took all edible and loved feather always had the knack of appearing with a few pheasants, if theres one I could have clo

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, poxon said:

Just about any lurcher is good enough for rabbits I find you limit your self more in finding one when you want say a genuine 3quarter greyhound collie or a f1 beddy or collie greyhound as these types of crosses not many people use them these days the people that used to use genuine 1/2 breds or 1/4 breds have moved on or bred on they just breed lurcher to lurcher or worker to worker your probably be better of keeping a open mine an go for a Lurcher to Lurcher bred with a drop of a few bits an bobs in its breeding long as it’s predominantly racey bred ie heavy sight hound blooded your not go far wrong...hope someone off here offers/sorts you out something fella gotta be better than having your pants pulled down with a 2k price tag 

I’ve had lurchers and different crosses mate just curious to see what the lads who have had them think , and you rarely see them about the real genuine 3/4 bred ones and your telling me mate seen someone selling some salukicolliegrey pups for 1200?

9 minutes ago, Lewiss said:

I’ve had lurchers and different crosses mate just curious to see what the lads who have had them think , and you rarely see them about the real genuine 3/4 bred ones and your telling me mate seen someone selling some salukicolliegrey pups for 1200?

I looked for ages for a 3/4 bred couldn’t find one years ago I waited an waited it never happened I didn’t fancy going to Hancock to get one I bought this bitch in the end she’s about 1/16 collie (Hancock bred from Chuck arrowsmiths collie)the rest running dog she’s a line bred bitch I remember me being cheeky an offering £180 when the asking price was £200...them days are long gone of sensible people asking sensible prices!good bitch for me she’d catch deer no problem she was good at closing large gaps she was a fast bitch her main bread an butter was rabbit catcher day an night id even ferret with this bitch in heavy wood land even though I was told by many I’m stupid but the bitch didn’t know no different as she’d ferreted them since she was about 7-8months old she was a big bitch 26tts but a handy bitch her only downside is she wouldn’t kill fox she’d catch them with enthusiasm but didn’t want them finished her self always wanted to catch them if a opportunity arose she was handy for bringing young harder bred dogs on as a catcher to give young dogs experience. I’ve got this bitches granddaughter now she’s only young her first season we’re her grandma wouldn’t do that job the young bitch has no hesitation to retrieve shot fox just as keen to track shot deer an the same on rabbits bush/ferret or lamp. I think a bit of collie in most Lurchers is a good thing some collie xs are sensitive buggers if to much base blood is in there but handy dogs all the same 

1A5BFEC5-B2B4-4BCF-8525-AF982843D9E7.jpeg

• Like 12
39 minutes ago, poxon said:

I looked for ages for a 3/4 bred couldn’t find one years ago I waited an waited it never happened I didn’t fancy going to Hancock to get one I bought this bitch in the end she’s about 1/16 collie (Hancock bred from Chuck arrowsmiths collie)the rest running dog she’s a line bred bitch I remember me being cheeky an offering £180 when the asking price was £200...them days are long gone of sensible people asking sensible prices!good bitch for me she’d catch deer no problem she was good at closing large gaps she was a fast bitch her main bread an butter was rabbit catcher day an night id even ferret with this bitch in heavy wood land even though I was told by many I’m stupid but the bitch didn’t know no different as she’d ferreted them since she was about 7-8months old she was a big bitch 26tts but a handy bitch her only downside is she wouldn’t kill fox she’d catch them with enthusiasm but didn’t want them finished her self always wanted to catch them if a opportunity arose she was handy for bringing young harder bred dogs on as a catcher to give young dogs experience. I’ve got this bitches granddaughter now she’s only young her first season we’re her grandma wouldn’t do that job the young bitch has no hesitation to retrieve shot fox just as keen to track shot deer an the same on rabbits bush/ferret or lamp. I think a bit of collie in most Lurchers is a good thing some collie xs are sensitive buggers if to much base blood is in there but handy dogs all the same 

1A5BFEC5-B2B4-4BCF-8525-AF982843D9E7.jpeg

Tidy young bitch that , pm me mate 

• Like 1

My dad had a good 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie bitch real fast bitch very muscular could catch day time hare run the beam pick up on shoots work the gun,ferret,killed the odd fox but my day was always about filling the lot so teeth weren't always his bag back then if he could eat it he,d run it ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, twelsh said:

One of best catch dogs i seen was 3/4 grey 1/4saluki  some speed it had 

My main lamping buddy has one bred like this, its a missile. 

Trashed all its feet now tho. 

Dog on the right as you look at the pic IMG_1804.JPG.5605684091a3dc7bfe660646787484b5.JPG

Edited by jcm
  • Like 3