Thought wtf are these

2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Never seen or heard of them either Arry...interesting find mate..

Did you catch anything??

Just out for a walk with wifey Kev. Grabbed a burger and chips at Blackpool sands. Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arry said:

Just out for a walk with wifey Kev. Grabbed a burger and chips at Blackpool sands. Lol.

Cheers Arry

Nice one mate, last time we were there sat in the beach cafe under the plastic and had cake ab tea...lovely spot

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MH1 said:

A few washed up locally recently. Wife said she saw some on the beach on Sat when we were there with the dog, but didn't say anything because she thought they were bags lol ?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/warning-after-more-portuguese-man-19329566

Did you see this link by MH1?

26 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Nice one mate, last time we were there sat in the beach cafe under the plastic and had cake ab tea...lovely spot

Just takeaways Kev would not bother again Lol. Beesands Chippy next time.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Arry said:

No mate. they are  "by - the - wind - sailors" harmless to humans. They feed on plankton by stinging though. GM put some info on them. I have seen Portuguese man of war many times. But never seen these before and I've been sea fishing for 50 years and more and worked on fishing boats. Strange things.

Cheers Arry

50yrs sea fishing fair play mate.

You seen anything strange whilst on fishing boats.like great white sightings or any other beast's.

And what's the biggest you caught from the shore mate..

Sorry for the questions lol.but I do find the sea a place of wonder ?

And no better person to ask than someone who has spent so much time around it..

8 minutes ago, Arry said:

Just takeaways Kev would not bother again Lol. Beesands Chippy next time.

Cheers Arry

Yeah, I saw some food out of the takeaway didn't look great...I like the spot though, nice beach...sat with a cuppa and bit of cake was perfect...lol

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, king said:

50yrs sea fishing fair play mate.

You seen anything strange whilst on fishing boats.like great white sightings or any other beast's.

And what's the biggest you caught from the shore mate..

Sorry for the questions lol.but I do find the sea a place of wonder ?

And no better person to ask than someone who has spent so much time around it..

Been very lucky mate growing up when there were more fish about. 31lb 3oz conger and 11lb Huss same night landing solo off rock mark shore. 16llb 15oz 2dr Bull Huss from Shore, 5lb 15oz 8dr Plaice from shore think it still stands as my old club record is some of them mate. As said I've been lucky. I still get out but just for pleasure now, was a well know angler once Lol.

Seen Sun Fish from boat in fact netted it in a landing net about 20lb, put it back a very strange fish. No Great Whites sorry.

Cheers Arry

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Arry said:

Been very lucky mate growing up when there were more fish about. 31lb 3oz conger and 11lb Huss same night landing solo off rock mark shore. 16llb 15oz 2dr Bull Huss from Shore, 5lb 15oz 8dr Plaice from shore think it still stands as my old club record is some of them mate. As said I've been lucky. I still get out but just for pleasure now, was a well know angler once Lol.

Seen Sun Fish from boat in fact netted it in a landing net about 20lb, put it back a very strange fish. No Great Whites sorry.

Cheers Arry

Fair play you caught some beast's there mate.the plaice must of been some size for nearly 6lb.i just looked up them sun fish.weird looking thing..

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, king said:

Fair play you caught some beast's there mate.the plaice must of been some size for nearly 6lb.i just looked up them sun fish.weird looking thing..

All a while ago now mate.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
8 hours ago, MH1 said:

A few washed up locally recently. Wife said she saw some on the beach on Sat when we were there with the dog, but didn't say anything because she thought they were bags lol ?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/warning-after-more-portuguese-man-19329566

I know someone who picked one up ??

• Haha 1

Nature is so incredible: our imaginations cannot even conceive of such a wealth of diversity and beauty. Imagine seeing a vast flotilla of these in the open water. It's easy to see how ancient mariners came up with tales of monsters and such like emerging from the depths.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Yeah, I saw some food out of the takeaway didn't look great...I like the spot though, nice beach...sat with a cuppa and bit of cake was perfect...lol

Best chippy on the seafront used to be Bispham Kitchens, at the top of Red bank rd.